• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4.3L thermoatat

toytruckman

Reaction score
So my son has got me involved in changing out a thermostat in a 2006/ 1500 with the V-6. I've never looked at one but I would guess it no big deal, Yes? The thermostat is under the top hose? I know some GM V-6's are on the return, but I did not think the 4.3 was one of them.

Thanks for all of your help.

Dave

Yup, right on top in the normal old small block/4.3 location. IIRC that year doesn't have EGR either, so less stuff in the way.

Yup, right on top in the normal old small block/4.3 location. IIRC that year doesn't have EGR either, so less stuff in the way.

Not sure where EGR would be on a "modern" MFI 4.3, but my 90 4.3 the EGR was on back side of the intake just below the throttle body.

If they had EGR on something as old as my 1990 engine I suspect a 2006 has EGR somewhere.

4.3 is a good engine, my son & I rebuilt my 90 2 summers ago just under 200K on the engine and other than it being "tired" and leaking coolant out the rotten heater quick disconnect it was still running well when we pulled it out to overhaul it,

My son is 17 now, this is his 1st truck my old C1500 with 5 speed

Back