• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4/11/10 Tax Week

4/11/10 Tax Time?

• Paying More

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Getting a Refund, I overpaid.

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Didn't pay any and I getting some of your money with the Earned Income Tax Credit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Canadian who's Uncle Sam

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • I'm not giving anyone any of my money, I don't believe in paying taxes.

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Getting quite a bit back 'cause we have alot of deductions and it's going to be just about enough to pay some real estate taxes so we can deduct them again!:mad2:

I'm getting a whopping $300 back this year. Its alright though because it's better than nothing.

I get to send them a nice check later this week, would rather have a new tranny.

I wrote the politicians a fat check too, ensuring that they continue to buy votes to keep themselves in power.

About half of the adults in the U.S. do not pay any federal income tax. Guess who the policians pander to?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Grandparents were lucky, they left the B.S. Europe had and came to Canada, hard work but no taxes and freedom. The country was being built and going forward. Now it's a downhill slide.

haha, I own cows. I will never pay tax, since I will never make money.

I understand that!

I had cattle for years, but have lost a lot of land that I leased due to farms being sold and split up. I sold my cows last year and just sold all of my hay equipment this past fall. That leaves us with the poultry operation and my depreciation on capital improvements is running out leaving me with a healthy tax bill. :mad2:

I'm getting a whopping $300 back this year. Its alright though because it's better than nothing.

Looks to me like you have it about rite, nothing back and nothing owed is the goal, especially since it's your money you let them use for free if you overpay, actually I try to be owing them a little each year I can put it to far better use than they will be able to do., and before going onto a rant about how I really feel about tax day I'll save rest of my opinions for the P&R threads.

We should have the elections and vote on April 16th.
We should have to write a check to pay taxes, so everybody feels it. Payroll deduction is as evil as the unconstitutional income tax.
We, the 300 million people are being screwed over by less than 600 jerks in Washington.
We can change that.

Back