• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(3/9/09) How far do you live from your place of birth?

(3/9/09) How far do you live from the place of your birth?

• Under 10 miles

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • 11 to 25 miles

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • 26 to 50 miles

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • 51 to 100 miles

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • 101 to 500 miles

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • 501 to 1000 miles

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • 1001 to 2000 miles

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • 2001 to 3000 miles

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • More than 3000 miles

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I live about 150 miles from my birthplace right now but that isn't the whole story. I have lived in 10 different cities and 2 different countries by the time I graduated high school. Then I joined the Navy. :eek:

28.17 miles from the hospital, 13.03 miles from where I grew up. 1.93 miles from my younger brother. 17.54 miles from my older brother. My Mom and sister still live where I grew up.

I live about 150 miles from my birthplace right now but that isn't the whole story. I have lived in 10 different cities and 2 different countries by the time I graduated high school. Then I joined the Navy. :eek:

About 1100 miles from where I was born/call home/where my Mom & siblings live Norfolk, Va. I joined USN on my 18th birthday, but also a "Navy Brat" as well for the prvious 18 years we were stationed in Cuba/Gitmo-Puerto Rico-Ca(does that count as a foreign country or city)- DC-Va (3x)-Pa,

I used to tell folks I was born on fantail of a 2250 "tin-can", not far from it, Portsmouth Naval Hospital, learned to read from Dad's rate training manuals, earliest one I recall was DC 3 & 2, could tell "military time", before civilian time, got out of USN then really stayed far from home.

In last 28 years have flown 1.8 million miles, sailed probably at least half a million on various ships, worked in approx 60 different countries, one job outing I left Ms. went to Australia, from there to Spain, then to Germany then back to Ms, in 7 weeks from time I 1st got on plane I circumnavigated the globe. I lived in Italy for a year, worked in about 500 or so different towns in my short time here on Earth, Kasakstan (sp???) may be my next overseas opportunity.

Last edited:
I live about 320 miles from my birthplace. I've been in NC for nearly 20 years, but WV will always be home. I'm a hillbilly/Mountaineer not a redneck/Tarheel.

Back