• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2022 EV Hummer

Also hope that GM learned its lesson from the last time the H! pounded the earth and played in the true 4WD market.

When it came time for purchase decisions, there were basically two at that level: the H1 and GWagon.

Hummer priced at ~$100K. And it was LOUD!

GWagon priced at ~$75K, came with all the Daimler-Benz perks, and had a *quiet* gas V8 which could do doughnuts around the H1.

If I had that level of discretionary spending at the time (still don't, but that is another topic), I would have gone for the GWagon in a heartbeat.

Yeah but look at the current value of the g wagon vs hummer.
my 95 is open top and msrp was 50k. By time I bought it (2nd owner) in end of 2003 with 30,000ish miles on it for 28k kbb was 33k. If paint and interior are descent, not perfect and just running no upgrades- 55k right now easy.

The 2000 -2004 that are wagon model that were near 100k new are selling for 100k.
All those were 6.5 diesel. They sold new for 75-90k

The ones that had msrp of 100k was the last year made-2006 known as alpha. Duramax/allison. Last 3 I saw sell all went for 225-250k. When absolutely perfect and sold to over seas market - 350k.

The very best 2006 g wagon right now if it had 10,000 miles on it - you couldn’t get 45k for.
Most of them in average condition get 30k. This is as frequent topic among a few friends that own/ owned both. And which do you really think is better off road...

And which do you really think is better off road...

One that is obtainable and within reach of a normal budget.

The H2 and H3 were an attempt at being in reach of both. Too bad you can't see well out of the H3 and crap seat design plastic side part that breaks and triggers the seat heater all the time. We have had three of the H3's in the family and the current one is the special H3 Championship Edition. Smart to shove the 5.3L in it over the standard offering 5 banger. OT: The experience at the dealership with an Hummer, Cadillac and GMC IS one step above Chevy and RAM for example. From doughnuts to one of the few that still operate a shuttle vs. "here use Uber on us" as we sold all the loaners and there are no rentals available at Enterprise...

I am fighting a F%$#ing "service TPMS" (remote door lock No Worky when that system goes to shit and you get to set stupid factory horn alarm off by using key) and random airbag light on a GMC van now and since we got it. GM making an all electric vehicle Ah! HA HA HA HA! Not even going to wish them Good Luck with that. No, GM should know better than to turn all electric they can't fix loose on the public. None of the Big 3 are good at fixing random electrical problems.

One of the H3's was the final one GM got to see, not burned down, before they recalled the HVAC wiring harness on them - I had my head down there seeing why the fan quit when it started sparking and melting down ... Star Wars: "Turn it OFF! Turn it OFF! Turn it OFF! "

That is a hilarious yet accurate point about the big 3 being nightmares on electrical and now they are going for all electric rigs.
Yup, they cant even build a door lock actuator system that will last for more than ten years.
Crackin 08 Maliblue remote entry does not function at all aand, only way to get the doors to lock is to double punch the interior lock button then look and see which ones didnt lock, then go around the car and finalize the locking sequence by opening doors and manually punching down buttons.
Getting the back doors unlocked is even a bigger nightmare. Can not reach the lock knob buttons from the front seat and they will not release with the fob or with the lectronic button on the drivers door. Have to get in the car, roll down the rear window(s) then reach through and unlock the door(s).
What a PITA.
Dont even get me started on the tire pressure monitering system that the batteries have died in every one of them. Over two hundred to replace them things and get it programmed. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

@MrMarty51
Well, to be fair they don’t want the many of the parts to last much longer than the warranty.
The mfr only makes money when the new rig is sold. Dealership pressures mfr to make things break soon after warranty because they make $ on part sold and labor. That isn’t bad engineering, it’s actually a high skill set. Think about the in tank gasoline pumps from gm in the 90’s; all horrible until aftermarket started making them, then suddenly AC Delco updated part number units were top quality. AC Delco was given the spec to build them to from the get go.

But GM’s horrible history of electrical problems even while under warranty- thats obviously bad manufacturing wether management, production, bean counting or whatever.

Lets see... Not just fixing em, but, the design too... (And because extreme heat only affects the few in places like AZ ... I can't wait to see short battery life vs. everywhere but here.)

1995 HVAC control heads... and related to the 6.5 diesel era: That one damn HVAC connector known to melt down.

2005 Duramax GM extended the warranty on HVAC Connector and resistor pack. Ice pick trick on injector connector due to problems.

2008 Duramax heated windshield washer fluid wiring too damn small and would burn the truck to the ground - blame and bankrupt supplier "OOPS!" issue customers a small check after removing the option completely with a recall.

2006 Trailblazer SS - "The real "Blazer" Ignition switches would brown out from arching on contacts and all kinds of weird problems. The "Blazer" from electrical was the power window wiring/switches and recalled after several fires...

GM's ignition switch that would shut off the engine and also the airbags was only forgotten by the insane in size industry wide killer airbag recall.

"Forget Chevy We have the Real Blazer!" Ford with the always live cruise control brake switch that burns their stuff to the ground. After two Crown Vic Fords burned in my friends driveway he is driving Mercedes Sedans now.

"Tin Whiskers" from lead free solder in the throttle pedal sensor affecting Toyota's "Oh What a Run Away" unintended acceleration. (Also affected NASA Space shuttle stuff.) Yeah, I am going to open that Tin Whisker Can-O-Worms. o_O

@BIGR
Thanks for posting, I hadn’t seen that yet.

Yeah, how are they gonna title the article like that and not show a picture/ video of it with front wheels in the air? Click bait, I tell ya!!

Notice he compared it to the H2- the GM Hummer...
They don’t want to accept the challenge from the Hummer community of E-mmer vs Hummer H1.

Not that I would turn one down if I could get it for $40,000-$50,000. But the $100,000 they are talking about- not gonna happen. The minute GM had their input on the original hummer like mine- price shot up, so sells went down. Cool is cool- cool is not priceless.
GM has a hard time learning that lesson.

Back