• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2010 tahoe

Trucker2k16

Reaction score
Hey guys i just bought a 2010 tahoe for 2 grand i have a code for oil pressure sender and at times it says shit engine down but have verified i still have good oil pressure. I noticed the stabilitrak service and traction control are both off and the only other codes i have are right rear wheel speed sensor and all 4 tpms in tires my question is will tpms cause this issue? I understand its a common issue when wps fails brake20210904_174717.jpg20210904_174732.jpg20210904_174746.jpg20210904_174809.jpg20210904_174816.jpg20210904_174821.jpg20210904_174709_HDR.jpg light switch etc

First, you got ripped off, but since I like you so much I will get you all your money back plus a hundred bucks and take it off your hands! Haha!
Dude that is nice.

I would gamble the oil pressure sensor and just throw one at it if the connector looks good.

Try brake cleaner and rag to remove any metal shavings of wheel/brake sensor and make sure tone ring isn’t cracked. After that throw a sensor at it. There it is, the two barrel parts shotgun technique- no more loading parts into the shot gun. Only because those two are common failures and cheap while being easy to do.

After that clear codes and try again.

I am unfamiliar with how the tpms would mess with any of it. Afaik a tpms can read 0psi and truck still drives the same, but I am old and out of touch with what they might have tried in the name of safety.

Now that I am done, hopefully the smart people can begin answering.
Congrats on the find!

First, you got ripped off, but since I like you so much I will get you all your money back plus a hundred bucks and take it off your hands! Haha!
Dude that is nice.

I would gamble the oil pressure sensor and just throw one at it if the connector looks good.

Try brake cleaner and rag to remove any metal shavings of wheel/brake sensor and make sure tone ring isn’t cracked. After that throw a sensor at it. There it is, the two barrel parts shotgun technique- no more loading parts into the shot gun. Only because those two are common failures and cheap while being easy to do.

I am unfamiliar with how the tpms would mess with any of it. Afaik a tpms can read 0psi and truck still drives the same, but I am old and out of touch with what they might have tried in the name of safety.

Congrats on the find!
Yea my first newer ride lol only has right at 200'000 miles on it it drives great runs great and only sold it cause the rear main seal and check engine light which is only 2 codes.

Dude that is nice.

Congrats on the find!
I was thinking the same brake dust dirt etc on rings and sensor has all specs 0.5 reference etc hell for all ik the filter could be dirty under it.

Clean the connector for the wheel sensor as well. Had a bad connector that drove us nuts and extended warranty replaced the ABS computer and the sensor many times. GM has had terrible luck with their low bidder receiver for the TPMS and remote entry. If both are INOP it's the receiver antenna thingy... I don't know what year that combined antenna device started.

Oh, and congrats on your new job... Of keeping Black paint looking good. 🤪 It either looks outstanding or dirty with zero in between.

Back