• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2008 F250 King Ranch

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5109612172.html

Been driving my friend's father's F250 King Ranch. Really nice truck, 2008 and it rolled over 40k miles while I was driving it. Needs new tires, but did you know this thing only gets 10-13 mpg!?!

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

Good news is, according to the truck, it averaged 10.3 pulling a 6x10 trailer, with hubs locked in and 4wd engaged doing 75 or so down the interstate and driving on back-country roads. With the hubs unlocked and no trailer, it will get around 13 on the interstate, but still maintains 10-12 in town/city.

I just couldn't believe the horrible fuel mileage this thing got.

My friend is considering on purchasing it from his father, but neither of us has done sufficient enough research to figure out if the fuel mileage can improve with newer tires (tires on it now are bald, which is why I had it in 4wd on the interstate during rain storms), and a chip.

Anyone know?

08 is a 6.4L, and yes they get bad milage. Thats a 1st gen engine with DPF, and they had LOTS of issues. Friend of mine got rid of his, and couldn't have been happier. Those engines have earned a reputation of problems with regens, poor milage, and many say they ended up making the 6.0L look like a good engine after they broke 100K miles. I would take a 6.0L before a 6.4L. The milage does get a good bit better deleted, but just to many other problems with them once they get some miles on them.

Alright, I'll pass the info along to him. I'm only planning on giving it a good bath since I drove it last, but I don't want to drive it again without new tires... Frightening...

Thank you.

Back