• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2008 6.4L Questions...

We have been selling alot of the SCT systems, and on average a 11 or 12 mpg truck is going up to about 17 or 18. I have a local ford tech that wants 4 of the Spartan systems. I know Matt is going crazy this week shipping. I hope to have one to install by the weekend. Matt says his 6.4 went from 12 to 20 mpg on the highway. Plus the gauge package with the DashDaq is sweet. If it wasnt for the grill on the new trucks Id probably get one. Matt also showed me dyno runs of 565hp 1039 ftq. Those are nice numbers.

We have been selling alot of the SCT systems, and on average a 11 or 12 mpg truck is going up to about 17 or 18. I have a local ford tech that wants 4 of the Spartan systems. I know Matt is going crazy this week shipping. I hope to have one to install by the weekend. Matt says his 6.4 went from 12 to 20 mpg on the highway. Plus the gauge package with the DashDaq is sweet. If it wasnt for the grill on the new trucks Id probably get one. Matt also showed me dyno runs of 565hp 1039 ftq. Those are nice numbers.

Can you put the old 99-07 Super duty front clip on them? I was looking at them and its looks like correct me if im wrong but just the front clip, mirrors and tailgate are different? and well obviously the interior

They have a totally different "inner fender / frame work" going on in those trucks. I dont think you could do it without a welder and plasma cutter lol. The tailgates switch to the 99-07 trucks, and I have customers with the mirrors already done though.

What is the max power the torqueshift will handle in stock form? Rough guestimate, I know but we always say 70-85 on an Allison so I was wondering about the Ford tranny.

Hey Trey

Nothing about the Ford but the Crossfire SRT6 is doing sweet, should have it to about 440 at the crank by the end of the week:ihih:

FTE? sorry not sure which forum that is...

Like the new truck, actually had to take it in today and have the radiator replaced. There is a TSB out on them so they replaced it. Found a leak on the lower front drivers side at the corner seam.. Other than a few oil changes that is the only time it has been in the shop..

About the radiator, my cousin sells fords(bless his heart, can't convert him) and he said there was problems with the radiators on the fords. Other than that how do you like the truck?

Well I actually traded the Job 1 truck in on a newer Job 3 truck.. They gave me what I wanted for my old one so I was very happy.

Still loving the truck and it is getting better every time I drive it... No complaints at all..

Well I actually traded the Job 1 truck in on a newer Job 3 truck.. They gave me what I wanted for my old one so I was very happy.

Still loving the truck and it is getting better every time I drive it... No complaints at all..

I'm gald to hear some one that is saying they are having no problems with their 6.4L. You hear of so many issues. I have talked a a couple of guys at work that have the new 6.4's and they have anywhere from 30-50k miles on them so far, without any issues. Just your basic service. I have looked at one recently (since the dealership is willing to give me the most for my '06) and the styling has really grown on me. I like the big rig look of the front grill and like the interior as well. I have also looked at an '08 GMC D'max and really like that as well. I will let you know if I decide on a new one or keep mine.

So this is you're second 6.4?..How many miles on the first one?

So this is you're second 6.4?..How many miles on the first one?

Yes this is my second one.. The first one had 17K miles on it. So far the new one has about 1300 as of today on it.. Don't drive it much as of now because between the wife and I we have 3 other cars... So really it just gets driven on the weekends..

Ah.. my bad.. I just signed up over there. I use DSL_PWR over there.. 466K members and no one used that name...

I use to just browse over there, never posted though...

DSL_PWR ???

So you're the one that's been bashing GM and GM trucks over at the diesel stop?? :hand:

DSL_PWR ???

So you're the one that's been bashing GM and GM trucks over at the diesel stop?? :hand:

No, don't think so. I have spoken my opinion on a few things but not sure about the bashing aspect..:smilewinkgrin:

i was wondering if ther is anything out there to boost the fuel milage at all im geting 17 to 18 on the highway doing around 110km

i was wondering if ther is anything out there to boost the fuel milage at all im geting 17 to 18 on the highway doing around 110km

Buy a Duramax...That's about it bud. Sorry for you misfortune.. :nonod:

In all seriousness.

Your Mileage isn't that bad compared to a few I've heard. Mainly keep your foot out of it. :thumbsup:

On the 6.4 Power Stroke, that seems to be par for the course for highway mpg's. I know city numbers as low as 8-10 mpg. How many miles do you have on it? Break in period for a diesel is somewhere around 6000- 8000 miles. I know with my LMM, I'm getting around 18 mpg doing 70 mph highway. Makes you give more thought to getting rid of the DPF.

Back