• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2008 6.4L Questions...

GMC2500HD

BONE CRACKER
Reaction score
I will do what I can to answer your 6.4 questions to the best of my ability... Just let me know...

I get 12-14 in town and I get 16-18 on the highway at this time the way I drive. If I run at 65mph then I can get close to 20. I have the DPF delete and tuner coming so that will go up. Some have seen 24mpg on the highway and 18mpg in town with the current setups that are out there.

Truck only has 13K miles on it so I would expect it to go up. But I am not really concerned with the mileage at this time.

I get 12-14 in town and I get 16-18 on the highway at this time the way I drive. If I run at 65mph then I can get close to 20. I have the DPF delete and tuner coming so that will go up. Some have seen 24mpg on the highway and 18mpg in town with the current setups that are out there.

Truck only has 13K miles on it so I would expect it to go up. But I am not really concerned with the mileage at this time.

Are you running 3.73s in there Trey? Also, are your exhaust tips black like some others or is the tip still clean?

Tips are still clean, yes it has the 3.73's in it and I will keep everyone posted once I start tearing into it...

GMC2500HD What's your new name on FTE? I Still visit there every once in a while to see what is going on. How different is the new truck?

FTE? sorry not sure which forum that is...

Like the new truck, actually had to take it in today and have the radiator replaced. There is a TSB out on them so they replaced it. Found a leak on the lower front drivers side at the corner seam.. Other than a few oil changes that is the only time it has been in the shop..

ford does not have anything to delete the DPF as it would be a huge fine....

If you are looking to do a DPF delete on any vehicle you need to look at BADP....they have the kits and the electronics to make everything work without tripping codes

www.badptrucks.com

He is correct..

SCT has a tuner, there is a company in Baytown that has a KEM/Spartan tuner and Bully dog and Edge have theirs.. Only 2 out there that remove the DPF and regen though..

I would of had one of the first ones out if I would of taken my 08. BUT I kinda got scared like alot of people and bought the LBZ. Also it got delayed by the whole flame thrower BS. I acually did drive my truck when it came in and was impressed, I though it was very nice. I hope they get back in the game here soon.

Back