• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2008 6.4L Questions...

is there any aftermarket exhaust for the new fords yet and does any of them improve fuel milage

There are plenty of exhaust options for the 6.4L PSD, LMM, and 6.7 CTD now out. MBRP and Banks are just a couple. The MBRP, Gibson and AFE aren't the best at cooling the exhaust gases coming out of the tailpipe, as the best seems to be the Banks. Also it comes to whether or not you want to keep it legal. Then you have to decide to go with a DPF back or if you really don't care about it, then you can get a turbo back set up. There are just about as many options for the new diesels as there are for the older ones now.

A measuring tape, pencil, paper, welding machine and exhaust tubing of your choice from a place like jegs. Bam, new exhaust.

If you have no welder than they have stainless steel tube clamps that seal VERY well

i was wondering if ther is anything out there to boost the fuel milage at all im geting 17 to 18 on the highway doing around 110km

From what I hear the Edge Evolution will give you about 2-3 mpg better and the Diablo will do about the same. The guy in the next bay has the Edge on his 6.4 and gets about 21mpg in tow/economy mode.

Last edited:
6-8 mpg is pushing it on any new ford diesel...we have many and I drive one daily-any questions-PM me...on a note-not by choice,the suspension sucks,and the seats are very uncomfortable and the cab is small,need I go on?

Back