• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2007 Silverado 2500 HD classic LBZ Duramax and I only want solid mods & maintenance! I have no desire to build a drag racing track!

Fuel filtration. The best you can afford. Quaility lift pump. 2 birds one stone like the airdogg comes to mind.

If you are going inside the engine: gapless 2nd ring.

iirc that engine an use the pin on the harmonic balancer, and do a new one when you do it. Not A cheap one and nOt fluid damper.

Bypass oil filtration. Frantz or centrifuge.

Tribodyn oil.

Stick with AC Delco air filter- it is best available at any price.

Those are where I would start.

Egr blocker plate, let the kitty fall off, kennedy single lift pump, only use the metal ac delco/racor fuel filters, keep yhe stock airbox and use the high end eix filter, transgo jr shift kit, and a basic tune. I've got a few out there pulling down 22 mpg on the interstate.

Welcome to The Truck Stop! In addition, I would suggest a good 4" exhaust from down pipe back. Might also consider a PPE shim kit for the FPR as well. I put 355k miles on my 06 LBZ when I sold to my nephew last month so I'm VERY familiar.

Welcome to The Truck Stop! In addition, I would suggest a good 4" exhaust from down pipe back. Might also consider a PPE shim kit for the FPR as well. I put 355k miles on my 06 LBZ when I sold to my nephew last month so I'm VERY familiar.
Why the PPE shim kit for the fpr? Does that somehow keep the pressure regulator functioning better?

It's not necessary for over half the guys that shim them to do it. I've pushed them up pretty hard with no issues, it's when you raise the rail pressure up that it becomes an issue. Stock exhaust without the kitty flows more than enough for what you describe. Guys have made over 600 with the stock pipe and muffler, just cat less.

Back