• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2005 Escalade/ suburbans with 6.0 (or any ls) ops issue

Will L.

Reaction score
I don’t have access to all data or the like anymore. Hoping someone onows something or could look up for me if you have access...

2005 Escalade esv full time 4wd with a 6.0
Everything great since we bought and started driving 2 years 8 months ago.
Battery was dead so new Oriellys battery since big credit was due from them. Also didn’t know if we would keep truck or not so was being cheap I guess. (ugg- dont do battery again from them).

Battery had slow 1 week death and replaced after fighting under warranty. In mean time with low voltage all gauges went bonkers, and 2 codes. Knock sensor bank 2, and oil pressure sensor failure code.
After new battery check engine still on and oil pressure gauges goes from under 0 to 80 pin (both above “max”) the check engine light isnt backnon yet, but gauge pegged at 80, soon as it bounces again it will.

I know the knock sensor harness by the starter is subject to overheat and issues.

But I know nothing of the oil pressure sensor on these 6.0, or any gen 4 ls engines goofing up. Also don’t know of harness issues.

Everything else is back to normal. I will keep the Oriellys hard to warranty battery through 2/2019 when warranty ends, then when it dies it will get a proper agm battery.

Going to do The whole remove and clean thing with my fingers crossed.
Any help or input is appreciated.

And yeah, the irony of this post happening just after the one before it of me bragging up how perfect these are and never have issues. Haha

Know who has a funnier sense of humor than me? God. Haha. Ok, he has a better than everything over me!

You need to install a scanner and see what the ECM is seeing for oil pressure. The oil pressure sensor's in these rarely fail, but when they do, they're normally leaking around the plug. If the scanner and guage read the same, then you most likely have a bad oil pressure sensor. The most common problem, espescially on 03-05's is a failed stepper in the cluster. They fail often. I used to rebuild them for locals for $60-80, and I did alot of them(even had a couple dealers that had me doing them since I was a 1/3rd the cost of GM's rebuilder).

Well.... cleare the codes ops still acted up just living at 80. Then today I finally joined a club...
60CC4B17-CF1E-4D37-BA9C-DA8D9CEF63B3.jpeg

No one hurt, other than my pride and wallet. Lookin over shouler while going onto freeway on ramp and GM stamped a ford exploder. :banghead: That was under 15mph but the plastic grille flexed and took out the entire cooling stack and who knows what else.

Already getting sued from a fender bender my son had that the amount is way over our Insurance and monthly rates maxe out or cashflow from the Insurance rate increase on that. So why wouldn’t I make it worse, right?
When does this decade of choas end...

Bummer Will... Gonna be painful to the wallet for some time but nobody hurt and eventually it'll all work out. And since the repairs need to be made, you can have that OP problem looked at since it seemed to have cropped up because of this incident...;-)

Yeah, that’s what counts.

Got the call from insurance company today. Total because % of value met. They didn’t even list the missing hub cap, cut tire, and couple other things in primary estimate.

Sux because now it will be a hurry up purchase since that is our only get to work ride right now. Wife is lookin at honda crv and pilot now. If it were a suburban or pickup that had a big brush gaurd on it, only the ford I hit would be getting fixed. Brushgaurd would need one or two cans of spray paint. Instead it’s $1,000 deductible, lost $ for different registration and smog, etc. even if we bought an identical rig.

Really makes me miss driving old beater pickups not worth insuring.

That LQ9 out of it will normally fetch $1500-2000 on craigslist around here. You might be able to make some money buying it back and parting it out if the interior in it was in good shape. I think that one even had the hybrid 9.5" 14 bolt under it.

So tempted to buy it back and drive it with salvage title. I am sure junkyard parts wouldn’t be that bad. I just dont have the time/ ability right now. My nephew with the 74 jeep j10 needs a good engine to replace his, but wont even fix the ‘88 gmc k2500 6.2 I got him. It has bad fuel lines. So I wont even bother with that for him SMH.

Because s#it like this happens I wouldn't get the wife anything smaller than the Tahoe or full size pickup. 6MPG at $5.00 a gal is acceptable for a million miles vs. medical cost. You get hurt bad enough in a 3/4 or 1 ton truck if someone totals a brand new 2008 Colorado pickup on your rear bumper while eating their new airbag. Yes it was in your town this adventure went down. Had a high angle on the rear to get what was left of the Colorado's bumper out from under the 3/4T's hitch and lucky our jumper cable connector on the rear bumper didn't short and burn everything down. Was at least a year of PT from bouncing off the seat and seat belt and no, the uncomfortable head restraints in a 2008 didn't help. (Replace bumper, tag trailer hitch, Jumper cable connector, and repair dent/paint where bumper hit the bed.)

"But it's so nice..."
"So are coffins." :dead:

So in 10 minutes I go pull the plates, paperwork and amplifier out if the caddy. Buy back is $1,500 but not going to get it. Just can’t get through other projects like my hummer, which got pushed back yet another 2 weeks for this, so to auction it goes. My wife bought it at a smokin deal 3 years ago so insurance is giving is $126 more than we actually paid. And if I can get the stereo parts out of it, that will save another couple hundred dollars we would spend on her next ride she already named smurfette.

Honda turned into a blue Toyota- 2007 fj cruiser. We should get it tonight. Really good crash ratings and it has a couple upgrades that are nice. I guess when I take the Hummer on trail rides now she can follow instead of riding shotgun. Haha.

I will show pics of her new toy next day or two.
I told her I have the spare 6.5 engine in the garage for a swap, she didn’t seem enthusiastic- haha.

On the safety thing- I am typing this with the news on tv showing a fatal crash on one of the freeways right now. Someone wishes their family member had been in something larger than the subcompact 2 door right now. :bucktooth:

Hug your loved ones folks, and get right with God. Priorities.

Yeah, it was hard to let it go. I have no where to keep the truck to disassemble, wouldn’t be able to even touch it until april at earliest, would have had to pass on getting the insurance check a week longer and have to rent a car for wife and I to get to work for that time. It would have even cost us getting everything together in time to get her the Toyota.
Just everything stacked against it.

Copart.com will have it up for grabs real soon.

Speaking of her toy... she calls it smurfette.
55CB37E7-3955-4E61-AEFE-A1AED4F17671.jpeg9C57CA8D-B72D-4D25-AB16-6EF60274C6FD.jpeg

Nice find. Them warn bumpers ain’t cheap and will give a little more protection. Now you get to put her a 12000lb warn winch in the front and let her follow you on the trails when the hummer gets done.

Yeah, I been saying to her she can just follow now. She is quick to remind me all she likes is trails, “Simple trails with nothing crazy, Your nuts! I’m not driving anywhere that all you can see is the sky!” Haha it has some other upgrade like exhaust and suspension. Stereo has been moved up to double din and I will put in her amp and sub from other rig later.
19B2B8DC-7DD6-4F88-8B73-AFC9BC1F8B83.png

Back