• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2003 GMC ENVOY XL 4X4

smokymtn65

Reaction score
Need to replace A/C compressor, new, Four Seasons or GDP? The one on it has a bad clutch, they are not replaceable afaik. I know @THEFERMANATOR has expressed his opinion a while back on brands but haven't found it yet.

You can get Sanden direct from their online store.

This bodystyle has a massive airflow leak over the top of the radiator that makes AC performance = SUCK when stopped or parked. Fix is large pipe foam shoved into the hole under the useless plastic cover.

cover1.JPG

cover2JPG.jpg

PICT7858.JPG

Fix with large pipe insulation.

step25.JPG

I noticed the catch can and a fancy radiator. Not sure what else... my mind is stuck on head steam pockets for some reason today... That and trying to remember where I put my piston pin retainers before I just order another set. Collecting parts in one area of the garage again so I can hopefully make progress before it snows in Vegas.

That's the Ron Davis built to spec radiator project prototype on the 6.0L Trailblazer SS. And, Yes, a catch can.

Has there been a lot of problems with those trailblazer radiators? Many hummer guys had issues and some issues who own multiple rides had issues from ron davis for other cars, even out of the box failures. Majority say they are good for many years before failure.

EV fan clutches were built too cheap and had lots of failures including internal clogs keeping them from running. The radiator was simply too thin and could not use all the airflow the fan could generate.

Of course this is just the 4.2 only issue has been 3 water pumps in 206k and now ac clutch , replaced ac clutch bearing a couple times , made clutch hot and roasted the clutch coil i think.

Back