• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

20/20 tune for LB7 with a DSP2?

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I followed the directions that McRat gave at DP for building the 20/20 tow tune and put the stock tables into the DSP2 side. It ran good except it had a bad idle lope to it when you would first come to a stop or switch programs on the DSP2. I modified the timing tables from 400-1000 and it still had the lope with some noise at idle. I ended up going back to stock and then modifying the B0720 & B0721 with 5% at 50, 10% at 60, 15% at 70, and then 20% from 80-100. I also played with the timing tables a bit and tweaked the C table from 400-1000 to be in between the stock and the A table. This tune works pretty good now but is still a little touchy from about 1/4 throttle on. It runs with no smoke at all what so ever under all conditions of driving and spools pretty quick now as well. What mods should I start with on this one to keep it driveable and keep it smooth as I don't want to shock the drivetrain real bad. Also I would like to reduce some of the torque reduction on the light to part throttle shifts as it lays down pretty noticeable.

Here's the tune I have in it now.

Attachments

• 2001 DSP2 20-20 revised.tun
    364 KB · Views: 4
Back