• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2 gallons of gas in diesel fuel tank

@nealpellecchia
It depends dramatically on what engine/ pump it is.
a 6.5 gm like mine with the db2 injection pump can drink gasoline no worries at 25%- get too much gas in the diesel and it just won’t run. Horrible power though.
A cp3 injection pump and if it doesn’t destroy everything right away- then you should have used those odds buying lottery tickets. But don’t waste the $2 on tickets now because that cp3 is not going to be working much longer and will take every buck available to repair.

Steady 55 mph noticed low power a lot of times just don't let it stall. My ip works like hell with most diesel all the time. No advance. Propel diesel activates the advance makes you feel the truck you never had.

Yeah- db2 6.5 can drink gasoline. Ds4 6.5 can deal with it but will run rougher than the db2 equipped.
But newer diesels like the original posting person- nope! Destroys the fuel system in minutes

Funny how diesel is larger nozzle to not accidentally put diesel into a gasoline rig. All it will do is kill engine. Nothing i ever heard of that it will damage a gas engine or fuel system besides remove it and flush it.

New diesels will need protection from accidental gasoline! SMH.

Funny how diesel is larger nozzle to not accidentally put diesel into a gasoline rig. All it will do is kill engine. Nothing i ever heard of that it will damage a gas engine or fuel system besides remove it and flush it.

New diesels will need protection from accidental gasoline! SMH.
The green gas nozzles and the auto sized diesel nozzles do nothing to prevent incidences. Legislators always want to legislate every dang thang.

Maybe they should regulate that and mandate all salad dressing, barbecue and other dispensers either have a little bitty hole or a great big hole.

The green gas nozzles and the auto sized diesel nozzles do nothing to prevent incidences. Legislators always want to legislate every dang thang.

Maybe they should regulate that and mandate all salad dressing, barbecue and other dispensers either have a little bitty hole or a great big hole.
HUSH! They are gonna read that and soon I will have a hard time getting my ranch dressing!

Pepper shaker, holdnit in dispense mode, set salt shaker on top of it and do like a twisting motion. Acts sort of like a pepper mill and dispenses the pepper quite pronto.
that only works if the shakers bottoms has like bumps or ridges cast onto them.
Just thought I would throw that out there since it derailed to dispensers. 😹😹😹😹😹😹

The green gas nozzles and the auto sized diesel nozzles do nothing to prevent incidences

Reduce, not prevent. They get more tow jobs from green gas nozzles screwing up diesels than they do from black nozzles. Ask the local station or tow company... Further the real F-UPs are when the delivery tanker can't see the faded colors on the tank fill and dumps a bunch of gas into diesel or other way round. Regardless it's ignorant arrogance for the gas station chains that use green on a gasoline nozzle. Completely stupid to use green colors on gasoline nozzles. Doesn't affect high dollar vehicles the CEO's drive, like they would give a s#it anyway.

Screwing up DEF into diesel or diesel into DEF ... cheapskate beancounter arrogance to put both fill holes behind ONE door.

Three Mile Island melted down over the same type of human factors. Minor changes can go a long way in making a product less trouble, safer, etc.

Sometimes the Goverment has to step in when corporate clowns won't do something, say, because they have a hard on for green color gasoline pumps. Then they get to regret Government going overboard.

Last edited:
Back