• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2.8L Duramax SPECS

Will there be a manual transmission behind the diesel in the Colorado?
Pretty sure in the US market it will be an auto. The majority of US buyers want an auto, and with our emissins regs, manuals don't do well as it is easier to keep an auto in the powerband outside of the lugging zones.

Report come out today of 31 MPG. Not bad..

Report come out today of 31 MPG. Not bad..
AND it meets all current epa regs under the new epa guidelines made after it was built. Passed all tests with flying colors. If it hadn't been for the vw fiasco, people would already have there trucks as they were due out end of October.

The majority of US buyers want an auto, and with our emissins regs, manuals don't do well as it is easier to keep an auto in the powerband outside of the lugging zones.

Not convinced that it is a marketplace driven decision and do agree that it has more to do with emissions; also likely a bean counter driven decision as well. But somehow the manufacturers managed to jam the slushbox on us anyway. IIRC even the claims that the new auto's got better mileage than sticks due to 'technology advancements' was debunked as it was from gears and not technology. Only thing that makes sense is that the auto industry does not want to invest in a beefy enough manual tranny to handle the potential power that the buyer can mod the vehicle to.

At this point, it just as well that the US vehicles have slushboxes anyway as it is one less distraction compared to all the techno-bling that is going into the vehicle.

From what I recall, the rest of the world pretty much won't buy without a stick. So there is some hope of putting a manual behind the 2.8 after the warantee runs out.

I am still waiting for these to hit the streets and see how they do. I am very interested in this truck.
I believe GM finally released the invoices to the already built ones this week so dealers could finally sell them. They've had a few built now for almost a month just sitting on dealers lots waiting for GM to release the invoices. No more will be built until the end of this month as the assembly line that builds them is down for retooling.

I am still waiting for these to hit the streets and see how they do. I am very interested in this truck.

I would be interested to see how good the fuel mileage would be. If it is not high enough to off set the higher cost of diesel fuel, then I would have to go with a gas burner. Seems like a nice truck that I would not mind to use as a daily driver and let the 2500 HD rest a little more.

Looks like I need to take a little bite of crow, and am overly happy to do so . . .

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-suvs/jeep-chief-concept/ar-AAfJIAh?li=BBnb4R5

Even though this is a fully functional concept, it is starting life with a *stick*! Ok, sure, a concept is *long* way from a production model, but . . . it has a *stick*!!! :D

I like the looks of that, but, the HUMMER H3 chop the roofline mistake already has me turned off. What's the point of a SUV if it's hard to get in and out of or you can't see out of it?

I like the looks of that, but, the HUMMER H3 chop the roofline mistake already has me turned off. What's the point of a SUV if it's hard to get in and out of or you can't see out of it?
Looks like the guy in it is already hitting the roof, throw on a ball cap with the button on the top will hurt.

Back