• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2,000 is right around the corner.

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
For those who haven't heard yet, Dimitri Millard put down 1923 HP with his LB7 powered drag truck this weekend. He made 1,666 HP on fuel only with NO nitrous. Last week he ran a 9.50 at 143 MPH after blowing an intercooler boot off at about the 1,000 foot mark. And he is doing all of this with an 01 LB7, and an ALLISON trans. Looks like the 2,000HP mark to the wheels is just around the corner for a DURAMAX.

His 1923 HP dyno run. Notice he clears all of teh smoke up and runs out of fuel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=traGedz7aGc

http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41006
http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41005
http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40855

good for him that he has the time and MONEY to be ale to do all of this.... from the reads in DP mag and some other forums he's a hellaofa nice guy to boot... nice to see somebody with out a major backer pushing the limits....

good for him that he has the time and MONEY to be ale to do all of this.... from the reads in DP mag and some other forums he's a hellaofa nice guy to boot... nice to see somebody with out a major backer pushing the limits....

He IS a super nice guy. Stopped and talked with him for a few minutes in BRADENTON at the super stock race, and even though he was rushing for the next round he still took the time to talk with me. I knew from watching this truck at that race that it would be a WICKED truck once he could get it to shift. He said he has still yet to put much more than about 1100HP to it on the track as he keeps breaking stuff(can't understand why things would break on a 5600 pound truck with 4 digit HP?).

It has a set of BIG twin turbos on it. He said he's pushing up around 100 pounds of boost before he runs out of fuel.

Glad to hear the ol' LB7 is king of the hill...

but, dang! thats more than 3 times the h.p. I'm at...and it cost me good money to get where I am...I can't imagine what his bill for that build was...

Seems like just a few years ago when Keith and Nasty Girl broke 1000. I have a video from that one from that GTG in Holland Michigan.

That thing with that tune would be just about worthless anywhere other than the dyno or drag strip. Maybe that's why it's called overkill.. lol

I would hope they could switch tunes easily, to maybe at least 'drive it' sometimes..

That thing with that tune would be just about worthless anywhere other than the dyno or drag strip. Maybe that's why it's called overkill.. lol

I would hope they could switch tunes easily, to maybe at least 'drive it' sometimes..

He DOES drive his trucks. I'm not sure about this one, but this same engine in his last truck dyno'd almost 1700HP and drove over a 1,000 miles back home. As for switching tunes, takes about 2 minutes with EFILIVE to calibration flash it and make i drive like a grannymobile(but I believe he likes to drive on one tune all the time). So far his top speed in the 1/4 has been right around 150MPH, but he has had alot of breakage on the track and trouble making a full pass. his 9.50 pass was with an intercooler boot blown off at about the 1000 foot mark. WHEN he can get the bugs worked out, and IF he can get the ALLISON to shift. A high 8 second pass should be obtaineable. But he seems to be more into the dyno side than the racing side. He said his goal for the last 2 years has been to prove everybody wrong and show that a DURAMAX can put down 2,000 HP on a dyno. He has already proven that an ALLISON can live through a mid 9 second pass when most everybody said you needed a duraflite to go into the 9's.

He's doing A LOT right.

That's awesome. His Diesel Power Challenge truck had/has a 47RE, right?

DIMITRI is running an ALLISON. He just did a shade over 2,000 the other day, but I haven't seen much about it. I guess it was a corrected HP number, so not many are accepting it as fact.

Back