• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1999 k3500 6.5 4l80e issues

Could the TPS be getting flaky Thefermanator? They don't always show up in the codes but the "seems to stay in third longer" makes me wonder.

Could the TPS be getting flaky Thefermanator? They don't always show up in the codes but the "seems to stay in third longer" makes me wonder.
He says 6.5l, so no tps. All 94+ trucks had drive by wire, and used the 3 sided apps assembly, and the ecm converts the 3 signals into 1 percentage output. Problems with the optic sensor, optic bumps, or anything else to alter actual fueling can cause tps symptoms with a 6.5l though.

Ahh, not as familiar with the DBW yet, but I've dealt with some older TPS related issues and the resistance changes when the wiper is wearing in the "normal driving speed range" makes things a little glitchy.

You could also have a pressure switch manifold failing not seeing the shift solenoid change causing this.
I had this happen to me once as I accelerated from a light resulted in forward & reverse gears jolting the Burb to a screeching halt....I remember the rebuilder telling me it was the pressure manifold failing that caused the further failure....took their word for it and shelled out lots of $$$$ to repair.

I’m wondering if your pressure is low causing slippage and causing the code?
Slow engaging from neutral seems to point that way? 4l80e pressure is solenoid controlled. My friend is a transmission tech, he says put a pressure guage on it, then go from there.

Been away on vaction the other day put all new solenoids pulled the valve body cleaned and checked the plate and reverse servo wire harness pressure manifold i put a scaner on the truck at work today its a snap on modus ultra all the solenoids react when the scaner truck shifted fine threw all the gears reverse worked for all of ten feet the same issues as before keeps throwing 2-3 shift codes

Back