• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 Flair 32HD Motorhome

Your engine is more or less a 1993 GM 6.5TD. Some parts like intake, fan, and exhaust will be specific to your RV.

For pickups it was one of 3-4 offered. 6.2 NA. 6.5NA, 6.5TD, and somewhere a Economizer 6.5 NA with ~110HP and very small precups. NA=naturally aspirated.

Also pronounced " Need Aturbo"

If you get a chance, can you do a couple more pics on how the fan is driven? Interesting looking.

Haven't been able to spend much time at the storage place to check it out some more. The fan is driven by a hydraulic motor which may be powered by the power steering pump. Don't know for sure, yet. There is a separate reservoir for the hydraulic fluid, according to the manual. Going to take a lot of sitting and staring and pondering to get to know the whole setup. Very interesting, and very industrial looking. When I find out more, I'll post it in a new thread in case anyone is curious about this beast.

Like to see and hear about it. Sounds like the drive system for hmmwv's. You should or could have a manual override switch to engage it when you want to.

Hello, Just recently purchased a 1994 Flair motorhome, 32hd, with a 6.5 diesel engine. I will probably regret it, but I like it, and so does my wife. I'm an old VW bus guy and this thing is like a 32 foot VW bus. I think the Oshkosh chassis sticker shows the chassis to be a 1993, although the VIN says 94. My first question is how do I know which version of the 6.5 this is? According to the VIN decoder site it is an L6, 6.5L 190HP. Of course, I received no manuals or anything with it. How do I identify which engine this is, as there seem to have been a big difference between the 93 and 94 engines. I drove about 230 miles home from the dealer and it ran great, no smoke, gauges all normal but it is very underpowered. I know 190 horses won't do a lot, and maybe at 15000 lbs it is doing all it can, but what can I check to make sure all is working? I haven't had a chance to do anything yet, but I'm sure I can find all the resources I need right here just as soon as I figure out what I am looking for :) Thanks all, Les.
Was wondering if u still have the 94 Flair. I just purchased one with the same milage as was posted (78k). I’m trying to locate a manual for that diesel, do you have a source?

Was wondering if u still have the 94 Flair. I just purchased one with the same milage as was posted (78k). I’m trying to locate a manual for that diesel, do you have a source?
Hello PPGC, welcome to the forum.
What are You working on ?
This thread is from July of 2015 and the original poster has not been Seen nor heard from since May of 2016.
it would probably serve Your needs much better if You could go to the front page of the forum and do an introduction, stating what You are looking for, and it is always interesting to hear how You come upon ownership of Your wehicl, and, we love pictures.if You could post a couple, or a dozen of those, that would be great.

Back