• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 chevy suburban 2500 $1250

Why does the smog law have anything to do with anything? How would they know if you switched IP's?

I have heard people passing sniff tests by running B100. I don't know if that's true, but it sounds reasonable

Here all obd2 gets plugged into a machine at the aldl. All obd1 and older is tailpipe probe. Yes even diesels on a set of rollers. obd2 is the only reason the ds4 was invented, to meet emission laws of being able to "read" through the aldl.
The ds4 isn't really that bad, I am just too picky about the whole run away throttle and pmd problem thing. I just won't own a ds4 truck again.

Why does the smog law have anything to do with anything? How would they know if you switched IP's?

I have heard people passing sniff tests by running B100. I don't know if that's true, but it sounds reasonable

It's true my current setup takes a tank of B99 to pass the snap test. Saves me from adjusting the fuel screw.

Diesels are still exempt here. But if the locals do start to inspect diesels, am praying that they allow the State Police to use their instruments to measure particulate matter (which they do on the big rigs) as opposed to a subjective 'eye' measurement (not naming States ;) ).

Back