• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1993 cruise control not working

deejaaa

Diesel Beginner
Reaction score
had a hard rain last week, had windows down. tried to use cruise later that day but wouldn't engage. didn't see a fuse.
where should i start and what do i look out for.

Brake lights stuck on? Do the brake lights work now? Random failure of the brake switch is common on our rigs. Next common failure is the cruise switches on the turn signal stalk. Of course, you check every fuse. Rigs our age: the fusible links can fatigue and break as well.

What got wet in the hard rain? Anything referenced above? Water in the turn signal cruise switches would make sense to cause trouble.

brake lights work.
believe the stalk got wet but not 100%. tried jiggling it while on the road but it doesn't kick on.
might try getting a replacement to narrow the search.
thanks for the response.

You can plug a known good cruise switch in without pulling the wires through the column to see if it's the problem. Brake switches are cheap to throw parts at it. Exception here as the tools to figure out 1993 cruise systems I doubt you have. Dealer will swap the brain servo box first and then do the column switch... Don't ask me how I $know$. Really, Don't.

Better answer maybe here:

Back