• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1990 Chevy k2500 - $1000 (Logansport)

I saw that truck and thought about going to look at it, my big concern is that the starter issue may be a big can of worms that I don't want to open lol

Figure this, he has the new starter. Bring some coveralls, tools and a piece of cardboard to lay on and install it. If you buy it, you'll do that anyways. If you dont buy it, you only wasted an extra 15 minutes and there is no second guessing then what you're getting.

bring a c clamp and socket assortment for the ujoints to test drive. Again you will be doing it anyways.

Tell him on the phone what you want to do before you drive over. If he takes issue with it, tell him you wont know if the engine has blown headgasket, tranny or xfer case missing gear or bad clutch, bad axle maybe.
And for you to take the risk on something that cant be tested ar all is a $400-$500 truck at best, and if you dont buy it he is getting free labor.

If he still bawks- something is wrong and these are cover stories to hide a problem.

Back