• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1961 Reo Dump - KY - $2500

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score

1961 reo two sticks double framed with dump grain bed.has a golden comet 6 cylinder gas.was running two years ago but needs carb.leaks gas on manifold.i don’t have the title my buddy passed away before I got around to getting the title from him. So selling for parts would trade for running 3406 cat engine B or C

I just love the look of these old trucks!

1961 reo two sticks double framed with dump grain bed.has a golden comet 6 cylinder gas.was running two years ago but needs carb.leaks gas on manifold.i don’t have the title my buddy passed away before I got around to getting the title from him. So selling for parts would trade for running 3406 cat engine B or C

I just love the look of these old trucks!
Wow. F.ing beautiful. Drop that cab on a Crown Vic frame and Zoom! very aerodynamic too. Love those split windshields.

I've looked at old dump trucks before - just old farm dump trucks - and I have thought it cool to drop/lower them - to give them a hot rod look.

However, I wonder how much utility would be lost by that, and I wonder if it's even possible..

I've looked at old dump trucks before - just old farm dump trucks - and I have thought it cool to drop/lower them - to give them a hot rod look.

However, I wonder how much utility would be lost by that, and I wonder if it's even possible..
We lowered several at the truck equipment shop. Makes for easier loading from smaller backhoes and skid steers. Converting to air bags is the best way imo because the driver can gain suspension stiffness when needed and ride nicer empty. Then drop really low for loading.

Back