• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

18:1 Standard size pistons

A little update, the pallet of pistons arrived, CNC shop is almost ready.

For those interested, this is my piston vice, locates them by the pin not the ring lands... these pics are on a manual mill, will have video of them running on the cnc when that takes place..

No I didn't make the vice, a Top Alcohol shop makes them among other items..

pistonvise1.jpg
pistonvise2.jpg
pistonvise4.jpg

Way cool! That is a smart way to do it.

Nice when you work with the big boys that have deep pockets! I kinda miss that- using multi thousand dollar tooling to do things for a way cheaper price...

Way cool! That is a smart way to do it.

Nice when you work with the big boys that have deep pockets! I kinda miss that- using multi thousand dollar tooling to do things for a way cheaper price...

I don't really "work" with them, their on the left coast and I'm on the right..

But when I find shops that do have high standards I stick with them and "swap" work when I can LOL...

Yep, I think the better way to locate pistons is from the pin, tighter tolerances can be held, and I'm anal that way...

Thanks for posting the links and the CarID pistons are a good price no doubt, but I'm sure they don't come with the rings. I have a set of new Mahle .020" over normal compression pistons that I am not able to use with the block I have at the machine shop due to it needing to go out to .040".

Thanks for posting the links and the CarID pistons are a good price no doubt, but I'm sure they don't come with the rings. I have a set of new Mahle .020" over normal compression pistons that I am not able to use with the block I have at the machine shop due to it needing to go out to .040".

Well like I said you still have a couple of weeks to find something and get them added to this run...

Back