• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

16-Year-Old Who Drove Away From Tornado Gifted Brand New "Chevy" Truck

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
I have some questions about the sanity of the storm chaser. 🤪 💫 🤪 💫 The "self preservation" kind of questions.

I hope the kid's medical from a fractured back doesn't make him sell his new pickup. I am sure "New Chevy Pickup" was submitted to GM's advertising department for reimbursement as "Viral" is the best kind of advertising, Period. But good on the dealer and whoever else had a hand in that.

It's the video in the second link that I know all of us share: More worried about the pickup than yourself. I have to tell myself "It's just a Fing Truck!!!" from time to time to help the pain of letting a good one go.

If the family does not need to sell the gifted truck to cover medical bills (from a stated lack health insurance), the other likelihood is selling it to cover the ~$12K tax bill as this counts as revenue in the tax collectors' perspective. Unless, the Dealership is also planning to pay the tax bill in addition to gifting the truck.

And, am having difficulty reconciling some stated facts in the article:
- fractured back (am presuming this to mean spinal cord).

- Starting a new job on Monday (am presuming this is 3 days from the incident and discovery of the fractured spinal cord).

- Family has a new GoFundMe effort stating "...will have to wait and see if he will need back surgery and may also need future therapy."

fractured bone is just broken bone- but could be horribly compound fracture where half the bone sticks out of the skin. Also can be just a crack and nothing will move around.
I Had both styles.

When it is a vertebrae fracture- it really is wear a brace or just ace bandage style wrap and see what happens. Do mri and try to live normal. Monitor pain and numbness. Do another mri in few weeks and see how it’s going. Sometimes all is good and just wait till the pain goes away so all is left is a story for your buddies. Sometimes it is bad and your body never recovers and maybe morphine pump gets implanted. Hopefully you are normal later or maybe permanent partial disability.

Had both of those also.

The response they are giving is exactly what patient hears often with broken back.

fractured bone is just broken bone- but could be horribly compound fracture where half the bone sticks out of the skin. Also can be just a crack and nothing will move around.
I Had both styles.

When it is a vertebrae fracture- it really is wear a brace or just ace bandage style wrap and see what happens. Do mri and try to live normal. Monitor pain and numbness. Do another mri in few weeks and see how it’s going. Sometimes all is good and just wait till the pain goes away so all is left is a story for your buddies. Sometimes it is bad and your body never recovers and maybe morphine pump gets implanted. Hopefully you are normal later or maybe permanent partial disability.

Had both of those also.

The response they are giving is exactly what patient hears often with broken back.
Butt they said I was Abbie Normal Long before I ever hurt myself.

Medical would offset the "income tax" but the sales tax hopefully was covered by the dealer/Chevy/GM.

Why are they not on the Federally Funded State run bare minimum health insurance or ObamaCare?

Medical is just about as bad as taxes, but, you can walk away from medical debt unlike the extreme difficulty to do so for taxes. Credit HAHAHA if it wasn't for bad credit you wouldn't have any credit. (Medical) Cash, in advance, may be required to get medical care for some things.

Back