• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

12V questions?

Z79outlaw

Its tougher in Wisconsin
Reaction score
I need a p-pumped 12V for my cummins swap project, I hopefully plan on starting this summer, I dont see alot of good deals or even many P-pumped 12V for sale, am I better off getting pre 94 12v with a rotary pump and converting that? Is that even possible? To a 12v, I'm new to 12v but know I want more power than a dang 6.5 can get me, I've got a NV4500 in my truck, so I've already started to get some of the parts I need for that, but really I'm kinda on hold until I can procure a good engine first.

'94^12v has the P7100 inj pump, 24v has the VP44 pump up to '02, '03 24v has the CP3

Pre-CP3 24v can be converted to P7100 with the 12v timing cover and special injector pipes

24v turbo is in closer to the block, mounts further back and closer to the firewall so may be easier installation

Last edited:
I just sold a truck with the perfect combo for what you want. '94 12V NV4500 4x4. Guy was gonna part it out to build something with. He bought the whole truck for not much more than you can get a low mile engine for alone. $5K

'94^12v has the P7100 inj pump, 24v has the VP44 pump up to '02, '03 24v has the CP3

Pre-CP3 24v can be converted to P7100 with the 12v timing cover and special injector pipes

24v turbo is in closer to the block, mounts further back and closer to the firewall so may be easier installation

Yep...

You need any 94-98 12V motor and it will have the P7100 pump which you want on it.

Thanks for the response's, what can one expect to pay for a 12v motor that runs good, between 100,000-250,000 miles with all accesories on it? Just ball park I know that there are alot of variable's. I was think $1,500 give or take is that off?

Thanks for the response's, what can one expect to pay for a 12v motor that runs good, between 100,000-250,000 miles with all accesories on it? Just ball park I know that there are alot of variable's. I was think $1,500 give or take is that off?

I would say you are gonna pay a little more than that....Considering you can buy trucks with that many miles for 5k. I would guess you are gonna pay 2k on the low end...but that is just my opinion. Let us know what you find.

Also maybe check Ebay in the marine section. You can often times find a good used marine take-out with a high output pump already on it. You'll have to get a different turbo and a few other odds and ends, but it's very doable.

Back