• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(07/22/09) - How many miles do you get out of a typical set of tires?

(07/22/09) - How many miles do you get out of a typical set of tires?

• Under 20k miles

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 20k to 35k miles

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 35k to 50k miles

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • 50k to 65k miles

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 65k to 80k miles

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • More than 80k miles

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • I have no clue...

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Goodyear Silent Armors at work, they get drove hard lucky to get 10k out of them. At that point they start getting a lot of sidewall role and hydroplaneing bad.
Cooper ATR's on my truck at about 17k now, will be ready for new ones at 20k, or before snow.

BFG AT KOs. Over 65k on last 4 sets. Last set was 75k and could have made better than 85k if I lived where there wasn't snow.

BFG AT KO's E range. Looking like they'll be in the 50,000 or so miles. Great over all wear when keep rotated correctly, just wish they came in white letter like the D range.

The factory Bridgestones on my Silverado where toast at 55K, I replaced them with Michelin LTX A/T and with 45K on them they are still over 50% tread depth.

I got an alignment at a 3rd different place, then the truck blew up... but hopefully more then 5k out of my steers now :eek:

I can get about 120K miles out of a set of MICHELIN LTX/MS's before they get down to wear they hydroplane badly. I got 128K out of a set of 215/75/15's on a JEEP(actually 3 JEEPS, the tires outlasted 2 of em), and a friend of mine has about 130K on his 05 3500 SRW and he got 128K out of a set 265/75/16's on his 98 1500. Other tire brands normally get me 60-80K, but the LTX/MS's get GREAT milage.

I have gotten right at 120K out of three different sets of LT 235/75 R15 load range C Michelin LTX-AT's. Sadly they longer make this tire, so when I ruined one it got replaced with a MS in the same size and I bought one to match it for the other side. The Bridgestones on my '07 LBZ are shot at 40K, I will put either 265/75 R16 LTX-MS's or BFG Mud Terrains on it soon. Mike

I've had great luck with my Cooper Discoverer's... About 70,000 or so right now if I remember right, and there's still a good third of the tread depth left.

I either change my mind about the tire size, or get a new set of rims and want to shoes to match. Never more than 20K for me. Had a set of goodyears last me 30K while in the Army, but they gave up with a few geting the notorious blisters. Never again will I run a Good for a Year.

BFG A/T KO2's are what I run now, and I am looking at a possible change next spring to a Nitto. NOt sure, but BFG's have been under my trucks since 1999.

265X19.5 14 ply Sumitomo's with 80,000 on them and still about 60% tread left on them. For most people, probably go 150,000. I sell them off at 50% and buy new. Get about 50% of the cost back selling them off because quite a few people want them used and there are none to be found.

Back