• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06 LBZ Shift Range Inhibited

So I last spoke with Banks support a couple weeks ago and they were supposed to email me the RMA info to ship back the unit to them for further inspection/troubleshooting. I never got that email, and with everything else going on, I have not had a chance to contact them yet. I just pulled it out for now. Been enjoying the EFI live tuning that THEFERMANATOR has posted up in the library.
I should have a chance today, so I'll update shortly.

Order a DSP5 from socal diesel and try out the DSP5 tune I have posted. It has a turbo brake in it on #5.

BigDogYJ - I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I have Banks iQ, Economind, and Speedbrake on my 06 LBZ and I am having the same issue. Mine is bad though! It doesn't matter how I am driving or what level tune I am using, my truck will go to nuetral, then slam hard trying to go back into gear, then Range Shift Inhibited pops up.. I've had other issues with Banks and it's like pulling teeth getting them to help. I wanted to ask you if removing the Banks crap solved your problem? I also really want to switch to EFI Live so any advice (where/what to buy) would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks to everyone here, I've been "lurking" for years :)

I'm not real familiar with the BANKS setup, but if it is questionable remove it. If anything it will help you to know that isn't the problem and allow you to move forward with diagnosing it. As for EFILIVE, I do my own tuning, but I reccomend RIDERUNNER diesel to everybody. Tony is an EXCELLENT tuner with great customer skills who will actually answer the phone when you call ,and make sure you don't have any problems. You will be hard pressed to find anybody with anything negative to say about him or his tunes. He offers emailed tunes to be remotley flashed with your own V2, can sell you an autocal if you don't have a V2, or do an ECM exchange if that is more your speed.

Thank you THEFERMANATOR! I pulled the fuse to the SpeedBrake module on Monday and it hasn't happened since! It was an almost daily occurrence, so I'm thinking that I found the issue. I will go another week or two and if it happens I will completely remove the Banks module and wiring harness. If it doesn't happen I will put the fuse back in to verify that that is definitely the problem..

Thank you for the EFILIVE info! There is a ton of info online and, like with everything else, even more opinions on the matter. I was thinking of going with Idaho Rob over at ATP Trucks, but I will definitely check out RIDERUNNER.

Thanks again for your help/info!

Last edited:
Back