• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06 Chevy Express van

Ahh,... I was thinking you wanted to hotrod it too.
If you want it for moderate towing and good mpg as a daily driver- heck yeah! Get it.

If you don't plan on hot rodding it or towing heavy, then go for it. I would block the egr, remove the cat, and do only basic tuning to adjust for the mods. There's some other things I would do as a tuner, I would optimize the timing for mpg's instead of emissions, reduce boost at cruise to boost mpg's, and keep fuel and torque stock,but I'm in the minority as most go straight for added power. Don't push that trans behind the duramax as it was detuned, but detuned to the kimits of that trans imho.

The stack on the front of the Dumpster van is looking pretty sexy I just might have to do something like that. I could take it over to Rossler's trans shop he's about a half hour away from what I've heard he's suppose to know his craft pretty well and I think he had something to do with the trans in the dumpster.

Mark

The stack on the front of the Dumpster van is looking pretty sexy I just might have to do something like that. I could take it over to Rossler's trans shop he's about a half hour away from what I've heard he's suppose to know his craft pretty well and I think he had something to do with the trans in the dumpster.

Mark
I think rossler helped him with thectrans brake after he grenaded his 1st one because of Jakes trans brake.

As said above, no DURAMAX van got an ALISON, EVER! If you drove one, it was a conversion. Starting in 2010 they did change to the 6L90 trans which is where many get confused into thinking it was an ALLISON as it is a 6 speed clutch to clutch trans like the ALLISON. The power output was 250HP and 460 ft lbs of torque which was the limit of the 4L85E trans. Be careful on power as the DURAMAX is KNOWN to eat the 4L85E in those vans if you push them hard. And rebuilds for them are NOT that cheap as they tend to lunch hard parts when they go. The engine is based off of the 06 LBZ, but was the detuned LLY version(it shares NOTHING with the 04-05 LLY). The rear axle in them is a DANA 70S, and is a RARE beast. They're not bad, but the trans was definatly a weak link in them if towed or worked them hard.

hey guys. i currently own a 2006 chevy express 3500, duramax diesel 4L85E trans built to the moon,(6 grand build) erg delete, up pipes, 3in mbrp down pipe, fass fuel pump, power stops tow/race series drilled n slotted rotors & pads, bilstein shocks, wicked wheel turbine ported internals stock turbo, E.F.I Live Tuning autocal w/switch. 365,500 miles and still smoking cars at every red light!! feel free to ask me any questions on the van ill give you first hand knowledge and experiences!

hey guys. i currently own a 2006 chevy express 3500, duramax diesel 4L85E trans built to the moon,(6 grand build) erg delete, up pipes, 3in mbrp down pipe, fass fuel pump, power stops tow/race series drilled n slotted rotors & pads, bilstein shocks, wicked wheel turbine ported internals stock turbo, E.F.I Live Tuning autocal w/switch. 365,500 miles and still smoking cars at every red light!! feel free to ask me any questions on the van ill give you first hand knowledge and experiences. im sure im missing other things i have done to it. thanks

i have towed my 11k toy hauler to and from desert several times, towed forklifts on trailers, and it does just fine. i also have air bags cause without you will be doing wheelies all day, i have raced hundreds of cars and rarely ever get beat. the launch with the gearing and longer 1st that the allison is something that shocks just about every person watching. never gets old watching peoples reactions to getting beat by a van. lol

hey guys. i currently own a 2006 chevy express 3500, duramax diesel 4L85E trans built to the moon,(6 grand build) erg delete, up pipes, 3in mbrp down pipe, fass fuel pump, power stops tow/race series drilled n slotted rotors & pads, bilstein shocks, wicked wheel turbine ported internals stock turbo, E.F.I Live Tuning autocal w/switch. 365,500 miles and still smoking cars at every red light!! feel free to ask me any questions on the van ill give you first hand knowledge and experiences. im sure im missing other things i have done to it. thanks
OK! I'll bite so tell us what built "4L85e trans built to the moon" means.

flanged hub, brazed, upgraded bearings multi clutch billet cover, custom torque convertor rated at 1000=hp, 300mm imput shafts, PRECISION MASTER OVERHAUL KIT
SUPERIOR REPROGRAMMING SHIFT PERFORMANCE KIT
HEAVY DUTY FRONT KEVLAR BAND
HEAVY DUTY REAR BAND
RECALIBRATED VALVEBODY
RECALIBRATED VALVE PLATE FOR SHIFT FIRMNESS
NEW ELECTRONICS
HEAVY DUTY 36 ELEMENT SPRAG
NEW RED ALTO RACING CLUTCH KIT
NEW KOLENE TREATED STEELS.
built by a local shop that got me the best possible part on every single part on complete build. no joke the best

total was 6800+ install not cheap but well worth it

Back