• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

05 LLY injector knock PLEASE HELP

Ok...so all 8 injectors have been replaced as well as fpr, filter housing, fuel filter, and wif sensor .....truck is not knocking but have developed a lope when at operating temp and only in park or neutral...if I put it in drive it idles smooth....I noticed that my main fuel rate is almost at 0 when loping ...
Long story but I started out replacing 1 injector chasing a knock with no change....change 3 more injectors for the same knock and no change in the knock but that is when it started loping when warm....any suggestions??

Have you verified the air in fuel is F I X E D!?

What lift pump did you put on?

New parts don't mean good parts so new injectors are what exactly? Rebuilt, eBay, virgin new... I mean the word "new" means rebuilt a lot of times due to cost of new and other marketing garbarage.

When I replaced the filter head I left the clear hose on and the air was 99% gone... no lift pump on my truck the injectors are from a reputable place and are Bosch (Lincoln diesel specialty)

What is the fuel pressure? I recently had an lb7 with a new fuel reg, and it was bad out of the box. Caused all kinds of problems.

The actual and desired looked to be good with no spikes ( shark fins)
You got me. A 0 fuel rate means something is over fueling. I know lincoln does good injectors(theres are the only ones I use or reccomend). I would be checking actual pulsewidth and comparing that to the tune file.

Back