• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

05 Dash/Guage failure

HoytBows

Reaction score
Gentleman,

My buddy's dash is going out with the classic speedometer failure. I know it was common in those trucks and when I had my '03 I knew of several places that would send you a new one and the best place to get a good price/unit to get the issue fixed. But its been so long that I dont know where to start looking now.

Anybody know the best route to take with this? Stealership? GMpartsdirect? Ebay? Thanks for the suggestions again!

Guy on Ebay does an Exchange Program. He sends you a Repaired one, you Send him your Busted one.

brian speedometer.com, Buy the kit or ship it to him.
my dealer fixed mine today for 125 bucks, they have a tech who does it on the side.

I have fixed 4 of them. The motor is about $12. It's easy. I'm YouTube trained and certified lol. Even if you have to go buy a soldiering iron total coat is like $25

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

brian speedometer.com, Buy the kit or ship it to him.
my dealer fixed mine today for 125 bucks, they have a tech who does it on the side.

That's what I get to do the ones with 7 steppers.

I have fixed 4 of them. The motor is about $12. It's easy. I'm YouTube trained and certified lol. Even if you have to go buy a soldiering iron total coat is like $25

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

When I ordered the steppers in bulk, they cost me about $3.25 a piece IIRC. I bought a kit when I ordered the parts to do them with 25 steppers, 100 bulbs, soldering iron, desoldering pump, and the reccomended solder. Think it cost me less than $100 2 years ago for it. If you do all of the steppers and bulbs this way, your out about $35 in parts, the rest is labor as it can be time consuming undoing all of the solders for the steppers and bulbs. The worst part is doing the bulbs. The holder bases almost always break when you try to transfer them from the old bulbs to the new ones.

Back