• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

01 trans issues

countryboy69

Reaction score
My brothers 01 max has a few issues! First we had to drop in a new transfer due to a wiped pump! Imagine that right! Well he is far from a mechanic like me. And he doen some stuff his self and I had to come and finish. He drove it last night and when it hit 40 it dropped into lymp and (Im not sure I was there) 2nd or 3rd. He has an EFI Live tool and says he got a 0700 and a 1711 code. But he cleared it before I got here. So now I cant read them myself and I cant drive it to bring them back up. Any ideas? He has order some aftermarket valve body for it. Before we was looking to a solenoid. But the transfer was so wiped it wasnt even reading the output right! BTW.....can I smack him?

P1711 is a sticking E valve which is a fairly common issue. Drop the pan and look for clutch material. If you see much in it, than chances are the trans is done. If not, pull the valve body and clean it out and check the E valve bore VERY closely. Chances are it will need to be reamed and or resized. If it does need to be reamed, you MUST use teh correct 2 tools to do so as there is a slight differrence in the bore at the top and the bottom.

Back