• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for stainless exhaust advice

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
My granddaughter has a 2009 Nissan Versa 1.8L. sedan and needs a complete exhaust manifold back.

From what I read they are installing 3 or 4 exhaust systems over the life of the vehicle. I tried the Nissan pages. A bunch of kids with a enough energy to keep installing exhaust systems. Not my way of doing exhaust. I like once and done. Around here that means stainless

I've done a fair amount of searching but really haven't come up with anything for sure. I want lifetime stainless.

I might have a line on cat back. Not sure on that.

I am looking for a once and done stainless cat. I found several but haven't got any recommendations. Also trying to keep things reasonably priced.

I will also need all the hangers, gaskets and hardware.

I tried the local shop and he wants $1650 for aluminized. More if we have to buy new oxygen sensors. He doesn't do stainless unless I buy it and bring it to him. Sounds like I need to find another place. There is a place I heard of today, but they are closing where they are and moving to a new shop. Nichols in Watseka. She has nothing now and I don't want her asphyxiated.. The cat and the pipe are there. Whats left is leaking.

Any advice links or whatever would be appreciated.

Some of the salvage yards here pull parts and ship them. Might be a cheap temporary option if the stainless takes months to get and she has to drive it until then.
I. Never even thought about the parts not being in stock.

Getting tonthe point of being tired of trying to look. I'll more than likely end up doing the usual and just buy the next one I look at or the first that is in stock.

Hopefully get a decent salesman that will sell me all that is needed. Have a younger man that said he would come over and help. I hope that pans out. Gotta get parts first.

Are there any stainless exhaust or cats that have a decent reputation?

I hate to buy a problem.

I am not real familiar with Magna Flow exhaust but I have heard of the brand. Had not heard any bad reviews on the stuff.
I thought someone with some knowledge of the brand would chime in.

Now to find a stainless cat back system

I can't believe with what I have heard about the way these exhaust systems fall apart that I am not getting any results for a stainless system to replace them.

Dang kids would save time and money if they would use stainless instead of multiple aluminized systems.

Exhausing it is.

This is all I have found for cat back stainless so far

I am ordering this cat.

I haven't found a recommended bolt on stainless cat back exhaust yet

I have a tentative list for hardware and hangers.

Pia. The keyboard on the tablet covers what I am typing.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is all I have found for cat back stainless so far

I am ordering this cat.

I haven't found a recommended bolt on stainless cat back exhaust yet

I have a tentative list for hardware and hangers.

Pia. The keyboard on the tablet covers what I am typing.
I do it all frum My phoney. I most alwaiz punch inna wong key and the spellig aint great but its how I roll. 😹😹😹
I do have a Fire tablet HD but it seems that I punch more wrong buttons on that than I do the phoney. I do like the fire tablet for the Kindle books.
Been reading a series thats wrote by Brian Godawa. Is that ever good.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I never updated this.

I was told The exhaust and cat fit well enough. I took it to Tire Tracks in Bradley, Illinois. They were very reasonable for installing parts purchased elsewhere.
I did price them early on, but they didn't have a stainless system.
According to CarFax this was the 4th exhaust system on the 2009 Versa.

The stainless system ended up cheaper installed than any prices I got for aluminized.

I bought the OEM exhaust hardware from Nissan parts direct or some such.

I was thinking a total stainless exhaust system for My K3500.
My son works at a power plant, Steam pipes.
I asked Him what they use there for stainless pipe, if they have some 3-1/2” and some 4”.
He said nothing that big, and, if they did it would most likely be schedule 80.
Now I do not know all that much about pipe gauge thickneses, but, that might be a little bit heavy. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹

You could look up charts, but when you get to schedule 80....3.5” & 4” is about 1/2” bigger.
So 3.5” pipe is around 4” OD.
4” pipe is around 4.5” OD.

Bending it like exhaust pipe isn’t gonna happen.
But it is far easier to weld.

Free is nice but might be expensive in the end.

You could look up charts, but when you get to schedule 80....3.5” & 4” is about 1/2” bigger.
So 3.5” pipe is around 4” OD.
4” pipe is around 4.5” OD.

Bending it like exhaust pipe isn’t gonna happen.
But it is far easier to weld.

Free is nice but might be expensive in the end.
Yup. That 3-1/2” schedule 80 might be a slight too big to fit for a down pipe. 😹😹😹😹

Back