• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help a Brother Out #2

Thanks @ak diesel driver it still amazes me that I can type on this phone and someone 3 thousand miles away can see what I typed , walk out in there garage, look at something and type back a answer to me in minutes.. so easy to get info from anywhere in the world now.....God I sound old lol
And I still wonder, how dey dooodat ?

Back to being serious though..I just thought of something... The front brake hoses...I know if there damaged they fail right? So that got me thinking.. the ones that are one the truck always seemed to short.. when you jack up the truck and of course the wheels drop down lower as the suspension extendes by the time the tires are off the ground those hoses are stretched tight to where they kink where they go into the caliper.. do I have the wrong hoses?

Back to being serious though..I just thought of something... The front brake hoses...I know if there damaged they fail right? So that got me thinking.. the ones that are one the truck always seemed to short.. when you jack up the truck and of course the wheels drop down lower as the suspension extendes by the time the tires are off the ground those hoses are stretched tight to where they kink where they go into the caliper.. do I have the wrong hoses?
I do believe so. They should not stretch like that, unless the lift has been modified.

All of it's been replaced..hydro boost.. MC.. calipers...wheel cylinders pads drums, rotors ,shoes ,hoses
Got Bigger problem at the moment.. finally got the starter out , took the 2 bolts out of the solenoid ears.. it won't pull all the way out .it comes loose but it is hong up in the housing the plunger goes in side of...and we're running out of day light

I've been wiggling it every which way trying...there's that big flat part on the end of the plunger that comes out the end of the solenoid... isn't there a clamp that clamps on the shaft part behind the big flat disc on the end?

Back