• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Too Many Samaritans?

Yeah, I didn’t mean don’t help. Just saying pay attention to your legal liability.
I don’t exactly need the extraction equipment for my Hummer. I got stuck once- high centered. All 4 tires cresting a peak, and it took 3 tries to do it! Haha. Also took 2 pickups to yank me down- a dmax and a 6.0 gasser both 2500 (it’s ok- no ford glory given! Haha

Ungrateful people is more common than many might think. Our former leo here probably have over a dozen stories like the ones
my cop buddies here do of stopping a dude from beatin on his wife, and sure enough the wife sides with him and will keep throwing punches at the would be rescuer even after its all calmed down.

And this condition update was on the news last night. The Good Samaritan lost his leg. :eek: And it was also a hit and run TWICE. First for the "speed bump" roadkill bicyclist and then the Good Samaritan who stopped and was hit. :facepalm: Hell even the UBER self driving cars run bicyclists over here... It's not even a ticket to the driver unless you are in a crosswalk!

A Good Samaritan is still in the hospital recovering after being hit by a car while helping another person who had also been hit by a vehicle.

On Jan. 26 at around 9 p.m., a bicyclist was hit by a car at the intersection of 99th Avenue and Buckeye Road. The driver of the truck who hit him told Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies that he didn't see where the bike came from, and the intersection didn't have any streetlights.

The bicyclist, later identified as Thomas Southerland, died at the scene after several more vehicles ran him over.

Last edited:
And this condition update was on the news last night. The Good Samaritan lost his leg. :eek: And it was also a hit and run TWICE. First for the "speed bump" roadkill bicyclist and then the Good Samaritan who stopped and was hit. :facepalm: Hell even the UBER self driving cars run bicyclists over here... It's not even a ticket to the driver unless you are in a crosswalk!

A Good Samaritan is still in the hospital recovering after being hit by a car while helping another person who had also been hit by a vehicle.

On Jan. 26 at around 9 p.m., a bicyclist was hit by a car at the intersection of 99th Avenue and Buckeye Road. The driver of the truck who hit him told Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies that he didn't see where the bike came from, and the intersection didn't have any streetlights.

The bicyclist, later identified as Thomas Southerland, died at the scene after several more vehicles ran him over.

So sad for sure, but you would be amazed at the people that have driven over a human body in the roadway thinking it was an animal and just kept going...... :mad: :eek:

Not many people will ever know what it looks like or smells like after a human body has been ran over by several vehicles, smashing body parts into such small parts...:(

Over in Billings, party goers, drunk in the back of a fast moving pickup truck, steps out, onto the interstate highway, semi rig right behind runs him over, no time to stop or move to avoid the body.
Never allow a drunk to ride in the back. Even a surburban. 😳

Over in Billings, party goers, drunk in the back of a fast moving pickup truck, steps out, onto the interstate highway, semi rig right behind runs him over, no time to stop or move to avoid the body.
Never allow a drunk to ride in the back. Even a surburban. 😳
Now if they road surfed on the pichups roof when the fell they would likely become the hood ornament on that rig instead of getting run over and tenderized...just a sick mans thought.

Why going so fast with drunks? I never get up to speed with them as I stop at every single gas station on the way and "pass the hat" for "fuel". Even stop at a drive through for some munchies. :woot:

A classic for sure, I could write a best seller book about the old days of hauling some drunks around. Some of them drinking the real mountain moonshine, wanting to fight everyone they saw. Others I took them home and they crawled on all fours up a steep yard to their house.

You mentioned passing the hat at the gas stations. One night I was hauling some drunk boys in my old 69 C10, we were low on gas going out the four lane. I started playing a trick on them, I started pating the gas like we had ran out of gas. I finally pulled over and shut the engine off. I told them we were out of gas, they would have to push the truck for 4 miles to the gas station. They got out and started pushing, I was laughing so hard. I finally said, guys let me try and crank it, maybe it will start, I fired it up, they were ticked off.

15' nylon strap, various tools, jumpers, & a roll of duct tape. Also a 15" x 15" ± piece of ¾" plywood for under the jack, 'just in case, , , , ,'

Back