• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

C3500HD Tow pig

Price tag is always the limiting factor on our "gee, I wish I could. . ." list.
And that's the truth. I`ll probably be stuck with the 4:10 setup for the duration of Mine life, unless, I would happen to hit the big one in the powerball, that's likely to not happen since I dont buy tickets. LOL

Ordered the GMTD scan tool software today along with the 12 pin cable, first time I've bothered with getting the computer diagnostic stuff for my vehicles haha. Yesterday my service engine soon light came on a few times with no changes in how the truck was driving. Have put 10,000 miles on the truck since buying it in late November.

Curious what info can be read while driving, gauges are in the plans but if the computer can already tell me the info that would be nice.

Ordered the GMTD scan tool software today along with the 12 pin cable, first time I've bothered with getting the computer diagnostic stuff for my vehicles haha. Yesterday my service engine soon light came on a few times with no changes in how the truck was driving. Have put 10,000 miles on the truck since buying it in late November.

Curious what info can be read while driving, gauges are in the plans but if the computer can already tell me the info that would be nice.
Can a dash board be setup with the scan software ? I like the way quadstartuning has the dash setup on that android radio thing in their truck. It shows the timing offset, temps and I know not what all. That's an OBD2 system though.

Can a dash board be setup with the scan software ? I like the way quadstartuning has the dash setup on that android radio thing in their truck. It shows the timing offset, temps and I know not what all. That's an OBD2 system though.

That would be about perfect if a tablet was installed to replace the radio location. OBD2 there's many apps available to do that, OBD1 I haven't found anything for a tablet.

The things I want to be able to keep an eye on are:
Fuel pressure
EGT
Boost
Air pressure (for rear bags, hitch)

So not a massive list and going with the traditional gauges are an option if there's no way to do the tablet thing.

I know that for the android radio system in order to read all the signals available from the 6.5 OBD2 system, there is a bunch of PID files that needs to be loaded into the Torque Pro app. QST has the PID files available for free, just need to download them into some kind of a manageable file system then, somehow the Torque pro app is suppose to recognize the new PIDs and be able to read the info.
I guess the next thing I`d like to get for My truck is one of those Android radio/stereo systems and be able to set it up about or close to the same as the QST system is shown. QSTs system looks to be about an 11" screen.
he has videos on how to do it.
It might be that there could be an APP put together to read the OBD1 systems too, it would take someone with more smarts in things such as this than what I have.

Reactions: red
There is quite a bit the PCM sees but fuel pressure and egt are 2 that the PCM can't monitor, at least without adding some sort of sensor the PCM recognizes. Simply put there are no sensors on our engines for them. PCM might be capable but that's a question for quadstar, even then you'd have to add the sensors

Sent a message to QST asking about a tablet with OBD 1
There is quite a bit the PCM sees but fuel pressure and egt are 2 that the PCM can't monitor, at least without adding some sort of sensor the PCM recognizes. Simply put there are no sensors on our engines for them. PCM might be capable but that's a question for quadstar, even then you'd have to add the sensors

Familiar with that regarding the truck computer. From my understanding with a OBD 2 system using a tablet it's simple to add those sensors and get the readings on the tablet. No idea with the OBD 1 though. Sent a message to QST about the tablet with OBD 1.

If it turns out that OBD 1 can't cooperate then there's other options such as individual gauges (not my favorite, don't want a bunch), the Banks power Idash system, or maybe something similar to the Idash but using a tablet.

If a person knew how to wright code to develop apps, I`m sure that an app could be developed for the OBD1 systems so that a display could be setup on a tablet, phone or laptop.

I got GMTD if you ever want to borrow it. When you move to the Lake house I will be about 2.5 hours away. Let me know.

Thanks I might take that offer up after I get down there. My laptop isn't capable of running it (Chrome operating system, program needs Windows).

Looking like the 3rd/final move trip will happen next week. The other packages I'm waiting for (air filter, oil, oil filter, and a water filter system for the 5th wheel) are all supposed to be here by the end of today. Even though it's only a camper will be nice having my own property once again, and no damn HOA's to deal with.

I won’t believe you are moved back until you update your icon location from “displaced”

Hahaha soon enough. All I have left to move into the toy hauler is the kitchen stuff, then fill the water tank and ad insurance. The only package that hasn't arrived is the OBD 1 cable (hasn't shipped yet) so going to contact them on monday to change the shipping address.

The 3500HD got new air/fuel filters, engine oil will be changed once I get down to Texas.

Hahaha soon enough. All I have left to move into the toy hauler is the kitchen stuff, then fill the water tank and ad insurance. The only package that hasn't arrived is the OBD 1 cable (hasn't shipped yet) so going to contact them on monday to change the shipping address.

The 3500HD got new air/fuel filters, engine oil will be changed once I get down to Texas.
If for some reason the cable You ordered can not ship, let Me know, I do have a cable I can send to You as a loaner. Just send Me a PM message. I`ll get Your addy to mail it out to.

Back