• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Upper A Arms

I have 177k on the clock. They look like they are just plain rusted out...
Did you replace with OEM Mike? Or AM?
I don't recall for sure Jeff but it was probably Moog stuff from Rockauto. I had to pay a premium for labor installing all the front end and steering parts because I brought them but still saved a few hundred over his cost.

Seen an awful lot of Moog bashing in various FB posts but truthfully, I've never had any issues with them.
I don't do fb, so guess that's why I haven't heard of issues.

I still stay in contact with , most of the shop owners and mechanics that were my customers when I was a Mac Tools guy. I hear about problems from other suppliers like 1800 radiator, doorman, etc. Never here about Moog. Haven't even heard of any Moog that did not do as good as components. I know Moog builds some of the factory stuff out there. And in things like GMT400 and older trucks, Hummers, etc the basic Moog outlasts the factory and costs less.
All the fleet publications show that same info, but I haven't followed that stuff for over 15 years now.

Of coarse quality once doesn't mean quality for ever...

The problem with MOOG is they sell 2 lines. They sell there premium built in the USA in the federal mogul plant problem solver line, but to be competitive they started selling a cheaper made in china line. Many buy the cheaper line thinking it's the same thing, just at a better price, and then trash talk them once they get them and see they bought made in china. That said, quality on most everything has dropped in the last few years. AC DELCO now has most everything made in China by other aftermarket manufacturers and reboxxes it for resale. I still think MOOG problem solver is about as good as you can get. Just my $.02.

Back