• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What transmission will work in a 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.0

For a direct bolt in you want a mid 03 or newer 4l80e from behind a 6.0l. As to which ones will work, any 4l80e or 4l85e from 99+ with the extra mounting bolt at 12 o clock will work so long as you run the correct torque converter. Just keep track of what it came out of in case you need parts for it as there were some changes around 03 iirc.

I found one but the cooling lines are different could I change my lines to the one out of the truck I'm taking it out of

I found one but the cooling lines are different could I change my lines to the one out of the truck I'm taking it out of
If the cooling lines are different, then its a 96 or older and will not have the 12 o clock mounting bolt hole.

Pat, Welcome to TTS!

Ferm, why not a 6 speed?
If you're talking about a GM 6 speed, ot would cost a small fortune to make it work. 06 is a gen 3 truck(24x reluctor), and the 6l80/6l90 only communicate with gen 4 controllers(58x reluctor). It can be made to work, but will set you back some coin to do so.

Back