• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Nother Newbi

86 CUCV

Reaction score
New to the site and the 6.2 specifically. Plenty of experience with all things that rotate and recipocateIMG_20180907_190412812.jpg with 50 + years in Marine Propulsion and auxiliaries.
Recently laid hands on my 86 CUCV K-5. Always wanted one so now ready to get her in better mechanical shape, Then get to the upgrades I have in mind for "the Buggy"
Axles, manual transmission, gears, tires and of course power to support those changes.
Suspect I will find some good advice here as it all goes along.IMG_20180907_190412812.jpg

Welcome...these guys have more knowledge then any other site I've seen...so you came to the right place..dad used to have one just like yours. Couldn't kill it..if you haven't already then fill out your truck info in your profile signature...love to see her when she's done..

Welcome...these guys have more knowledge then any other site I've seen...so you came to the right place..dad used to have one just like yours. Couldn't kill it..if you haven't already then fill out your truck info in your profile signature...love to see her when she's done..
Will be doing that. She will never look better (how could she?). I love her camo and patina already and will only ask of her reasonable power and total reliability after her mods.
At < 57k miles she is in for a lot of Beach/Trail fun

Welcome!
Just pic how soon you want us to help spend your money with parts! Haha
Seriously:
No starting fluid
Never over 220* and rarely to 210*
Add lubrication into fuel every fill up.

I get the feeling alot of the guys on here are on the Western side of the country...lol..it's midnight here and more guys on here now ..that ore were all night owls

Welcome!
Just pic how soon you want us to help spend your money with parts! Haha
Seriously:
No starting fluid
Never over 220* and rarely to 210*
Add lubrication into fuel every fill up.
Thanks and I am aware of the starting fluid. Hate that crap and take it away from my Marine customers
Thank in the Temperature guidelines. Nice to have.
I am sure y'all would love to help me spend money lol
I do that for my customers as well.
It is good to be among intellegent and helpful folks

Back