• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

We are LIVE

Ok , so devils advocate . Why should I buy your heads ? As was posted , numbers would help . I think that if you put up some numbers from a stock head and yours , that would help . Also maybe have some stages for a build . Heads give you this much , coatings add to that , etc . With an overall plan of how much power is possible , that might get people interested in mods . And I wouldn't just limit this to just power improvements . If the coatings , valve unshrouding and other improvements help with cooling or more boost , touch on that .

The numbers will be posted when I'm done with them.

And how many different combos would a person need to build?

Their are plans being worked on for many dyno test with various combos, heads & coatings are just part of it.. it's coming later this year.

I already know the interest level is low on this site, but it isn't low in other places by no means..

Be patient, when I have more news I will let it out..

I believe you have more interest here than you give yourself credit for. It may just take years to save up for things...

"And how many different combos would a person need to build?" I don't think that's the question being asked.

Power costs money and somewhere between a complete engine swap to something proven to produce power and building a 6.5 is the gray area you are in. In this context I think the question is "All or nothing?" or "What expensive steps do what and what can I leave off for the budget?" Sometimes the savings of a $200 step on $2000 worth of heads has to be pointed out as not smart. After all if I don't have a budget then why not drop in a 1000 HP hopped up 5.9 Cummins and call it a day.

Good example is using too small NA precups where money spent on good 6.5 turbo heads makes a difference. (Budget and didn't know better at the time.)

So maybe "power only" mods, cool running mods... Or if they all play well together maybe just numbers on the kitchen sink build is all you need.

I think one of the other factors that will come into play is fuel or lack thereof. Best heads in the world will only give you power that you can fuel it.

Your right.. The new pump I have has the highest cc numbers I've seen in person, other folks have made claims but I haven't seen the data sheets from them, I have with this one... and if it's not enough I have a new 350 plunger also yet to be worked on...

Your right.. The new pump I have has the highest cc numbers I've seen in person, other folks have made claims but I haven't seen the data sheets from them, I have with this one... and if it's not enough I have a new 350 plunger also yet to be worked on...

Stormy Daniels is interested in the 350 plunger.

Well, the easier an engine can flow in and out, the more efficient.
Like, 3” exhaust pipe is ok size, but going to 4 or larger lets if flow so much easier that the same turbo can function better with the same amount of fuel. Plus getting rid of the heat easier.

It is really hard to have a head flow too well, especially a diesel.

Back