• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

maybe but i think the slide pins were hanging up. if it looks like it is going to happen again i will replace them.
And use the correct grease to lube them. The aftermarket one piece design is so much better than the OEM two-piece caliper pin design.

before when parked, in neutral, truck would not move. now, it will roll forward/back. no binding at all.

ordered a pair of HD/Kodiak door handles with rods for 35.00 shipped. i plan to make some extra rods because i know they've been discontinued. now i need to find 2 more.

Installed the ops extension and new ops from @LeroyDiesel finally after having them for about a month. That thing is built good and thick. You ain't going to rub a hole in it. Nice product Leroy.

picked up a set of HD doors. came with everything but the mirrors. will be using handles and sell the doors. not i have 4 of them to put on the crew cab. and i have all the rods.

have the doors torn down. handles were in great shape.
hydroboost unit came in i so picked it up. was hoping to put it in today but between the rain and other things it sits. looked it over and it's the correct unit.

After the truck sat for about 1 1/2 months looking for freeze plugs for the heads I finally just jb welded the small hole in the freeze plug up. I put jb weld down inside of it and all around it making sure none got on the engine just in case the head has to come back off one day. Freeze plug factory never got back in touch after several messages and emails. No luck on line either. It's amazing nobody has or can get the small 7/16 or so freeze plugs for the 6.5 heads.

I relocated the ffm to front of the engine while the intakes were off.

Got it all put back together so tomorrow I will be bleeding the air from the lines.

finally had time to get after the drivers side brake.
here's a compare between old and new.
this is not Saturn:

have the pass side to do next. might hit that tomorrow. need to go burn em in.

No wear in the holes that helped hold the pad: IMO from that the pad separated from the backing plate. By chance are these AutoZone Duracrap pads? Like the ones that did the same to me many years ago and trashed a nearly new rotor...

not sure the brand. can't remember if i had ever changed to pads. had it too long and didn't see in the maintenance log.

"smoothed" the bumper. was showing it's age: rust, chrome cracking, plastic chipped/faded.
went from this:

to this:

The bumper looks good. It looks like you got your money's worth out of that tire.

thanks.
the fronts are 225/75/19.5 and are regroovable. could probably get another 70-80K out of em. backs are 8R19.5. can't even tell they have 50K on em.

Yesterday I pulled everything out of the cab and bed and gave it a bath plus attempted to get, what, two almost three years of dust out of it. Was tempted to just crack one window and fill it with water, rock the it for a while and then rinse and repeat. Bad for electrical and the carpet would never really dry. So, air compressor first, beating the seats and floor and blowing the dust out. We had high winds yesterday and I used that to advantage. Then vacuum, then wipe interior all down and washed the outside. At least the feeling of talcum powder like dirt between the fingers is gone when you sit in it.

just picked up 4 235/85R16's General Grabbers off Craigslist for 150.00. said had 5K miles on em but look like less to me. look brand new. they are mounted on 99 Ford rims so don't think they will fit the truck. drove 40 mins tonight each way but would of been gone if i waited till tomorrow.

put on the "new" tires today. scrapped some aluminum so install/balance was free for out of pocket.
here they are before install:

how much shorter than the 8R19.5:

out with the old:

a little bit of negative offset:

still used spacers, but removed the hub spacers, from the Hi-Rail wheels:

in with the new:

old:

new:

one thing i noticed about the 16's: the ride was way smoother. my daughter was in the back seat for the test run and she immediately commented that it was better.

Back