• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Why doesn't GM produce another Gray color?

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ford, Ram, and all other automakers make a gray color in their trucks, and yet GM is giving us a new funky name color each year. It's almost like they try to be cute and create a new color each year instead of offering something the customer wants.

What the heck?

Same reason they don't put a diesel in a suburban. Or why they dropped the Camaro line for so many long.
They get out of touch with thier cusomer base.

You are mistaken. GM as well as other do offer gray! You just got to wait for it. Shows up in "Patches" due to primer failure flaking off the paint and vola you got gray. Soon turns to "rust" color: faster in some locations than others.

Gray is NOT an exciting color, hard to see in snow country, and not on my list of a colors I would look at even the first time. IMO not a popular color and a complete turn off as it reminds me of paint problems...

I love silver, grey, and black. I keep thinking when I finally paint my hummer, doing it with thise similar to the city/urban bdu's.

Back