• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Edge Evo Race w/CTS

Holy chit man, for a tad more you can buy the efi software, have a couple custom tunes made and the gauges you would need. Plus be 100x happier with the quality of the tuning that goes with efi. Jmo. Had the edge attitude and am so glad I dont now.

Well, Stacks, thanks for your input.:D I really don't want to get overly immersed in learning a whole new system.:eek: I guess I want the KISS principle.:rolleyes5: I do like the idea of a touch screen, built in instrumentation, pre canned programs and service. I guess I was wanting resposes from guys that have this system and like it and re enforce my feelings toward it. Since I don't plan on going over 500RWHP and I am getting a bit lazy in my Senior years I figured the Edge would do me. Maybe not but, for Now!

Well, do you want the function of the touch screen and gauges, or the custom tune-ability and a knob for switching tunes? It all comes down to user preference.

For me EFILive was the right choice as I can tune mine, my dads, and a few buddies. And, I like computer gadgets anyways. :D

Barry, it sounds like you know what you want! just get it. I personally did not like the way edge did things but haven't even looked into them since I switch. My biggest thing with the edge 2 years ago was not having the control for deleting codes like egr stuff, or not having control over boost. Edge did some nasty things with excessive fueling and it just smoked to much for me.

Okay I just figured this out for you:D you'll thank me later. Buy the insight cts monitor unit, use it for gauges and backup camera, then you can get a dsp efi tune setup and use the edge monitor to switch your custom tuned ecm tunes done with efi live. I may rid myself of gauges if this unit works that well. You can monitor 8 parameters at once with it including fuel rail pressure.

From their site, • Adjust EFILive™ Tuned PCMS on-the-fly
On 2001-2005 LB7 and LLY Duramax engines you can now change the power levels on-the-fly created by your EFILive™ custom tuning software with your Edge Insight CS or CTS! Simply use your EFILive™ software to change your DSP5 Switch Type from “hard wire” to “serial”. Once you are set up to support “serial” communication, simply use the up and down arrow buttons on your Insight to adjust EFILive™ tunes on-the-fly.
• Displays Fuel Rail Pressure on Duramax Engines
• Displays Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regeneration Status on new diesels with DPF traps

Well, I guess no one on this list uses an Edge Evo Race w/CTS or if they do they don't want to be attacked by others and basically told they are stupid for getting one when they could have gotten EFI live. I can see that now so I hope the moderators will just close this thread for the EFI live crowd will be happy...

Barry, based on the tone of the last post, I will be sure to let the huge amounts of people that came running into this thread to help you out continue to do so. Their are a hundred other hand helds I would choose over the edge fwiw. Good luck.

I'm not pushing you to EFILive if that's what your referring to. :confused: I don't have stock in either, just telling you about each.

FWIW, the Edge will not swap the tunes for the 06+ trucks.

I'm not pushing you to EFILive if that's what your referring to. :confused: I don't have stock in either, just telling you about each.

FWIW, the Edge will not swap the tunes for the 06+ trucks.

Yeah I figured that out this am. Still doesn't change the fact that I was sincerely trying to give this guy the best advice I could give and like you, got it jammed down my throat. Oh well, on to assist others in need.

I have the edge race evo...not the cts though...and I love it..does all I need it to do and it does it well...edge customer service is second to none

Barry, based on the tone of the last post, I will be sure to let the huge amounts of people that came running into this thread to help you out continue to do so. Their are a hundred other hand helds I would choose over the edge fwiw. Good luck.

Stacks, after I have slept on it couple of days, I want to offer an apology for my response on 9/16. Some times I get the tone of a message wrong when I read it compared to being Eye to Eye with a person in conversation. Thank you for your offers to get me properly directed and your experiences with Edge in the past.

I don't want maximum tune ability. I do want ease of installation, built in gauges, a decent power increase, and the convenience of the touch screen. I guess in my senior years I don't look forward to the A Pillar mount and the gauge installation associated with it. I have ordered and received my EVO Race CTS and will be installing it today. The most difficult part of the installation of the EGT probe. I will be installing it in the passenger side exhaust manifold at the rear. This is from everything I have read on three different forums??/ Please feel free to corrtect me if that is the wrong side to install it.

Again Stacks, I apologize for my response to your post.

I have the edge race evo...not the cts though...and I love it..does all I need it to do and it does it well...edge customer service is second to none

Thanks HAS for the input. It spounds like Edge has cleaned up their act compared to a couple of years ago when Stacks dealt with them.

I don't understand what you mean can you expound on that??

Edge released a feature that was compatible with EFILive to use the CTS Monitor to switch between tunes (Like you would on a DSP 5 switch) but it only works on the 05 and later Duramaxs.

Ahhhh, I think I got it. Thanks 8100. My 07 is good to go then.

My next question is where do most put their EGT probe wiring through the fire wall?

Ahhhh, I think I got it. Thanks 8100. My 07 is good to go then.

My next question is where do most put their EGT probe wiring through the fire wall?

Atleast on the older years like my 04 and 05 trucks there is a rubber grommet built in just behind the fuse panel near your left foot when driving. You can access it pretty easy. Iirc there is a cable, maybe hood cable, that goes through it. It is the rubber grommet, plus a rubber plug to seal it from noise. for just doing the egt cable it will be mint. Check it out.

Stacks, after I have slept on it couple of days, I want to offer an apology for my response on 9/16. Some times I get the tone of a message wrong when I read it compared to being Eye to Eye with a person in conversation. Thank you for your offers to get me properly directed and your experiences with Edge in the past.

I don't want maximum tune ability. I do want ease of installation, built in gauges, a decent power increase, and the convenience of the touch screen. I guess in my senior years I don't look forward to the A Pillar mount and the gauge installation associated with it. I have ordered and received my EVO Race CTS and will be installing it today. The most difficult part of the installation of the EGT probe. I will be installing it in the passenger side exhaust manifold at the rear. This is from everything I have read on three different forums??/ Please feel free to corrtect me if that is the wrong side to install it.

Again Stacks, I apologize for my response to your post.
Okay man, the first post yes I was voicing my opinion for efi, but my second was trying to mate the best of the two worlds for you for ease of operation and the best possible tuning, even though you only wanted light duty stuff. It ended up not being compatible. As long as your happy with the edge stuff, I dont care. Its your truck and you need to be satisfied not me.
I don't understand what you mean can you expound on that??

The edge efi live combo only works on the 03-05 trucks because efi live has not programmed the software on the 06 and up trucks to communicate via the serial data bus thats in the trucks factory communication system.

Ok, I bought the Edge Evo Race (EER) w/CTS and installed it. I am running it on level 3 and I drove it on errands today so I had several engine cycles while driving. I like it. I like the way it is reprogramming the Allison shift points. Next after I get my EGT installed, maybe tomorrow, I need to install my TransGo Jr shift kit, deep pan, new ATF, and associated paraphernalia.

I was able to update the EER with the latest software, register it, and whatever else on line without any problems.

I will wait until I get the egt installed before I really romp on it so I can monitor the boost and EGT. I was reading that the Edge will not read past 23-24 psi boost as the truck cpu signal stops at that psi. Any one else experience or hear that??

Back