• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best Chamois EVER..what YOU use?

Dieseldad97

I now know why.
Reaction score
My wife just bought me a new Chamois and after using it, I'm thinking it's the best out there. It's actually made of some sort of rubber compound that is far superior than the "old" leather ones.

What are you guys using?

Leaf blower, 185 mph.
Especially good for mirrors, handles, window egdes that trap water.

Never thought of that, but I bet it works great.

I have a few super soft microfiber towels I use and really like them. They are almost too soft to the touch. Have used them for several years, and have been very pleased.

Costco has the micro fiber towels in a bundle for a great price. One won't quite do a truck after a wash unless you drive it first.

i got this microfiber towel from Target... It doesnt seem to work right. :(
It just kind of smears the water around, and then if your lucky it will trap it.
Are you not supposed to wash it with detergent?? Whats the deal?

I use the absorber. It takes me about 4 mins to dry the truck. I will never use anything els to dry my truck again. I used to use the wedge or what ever the hell they call that silicon thing that wipes the water off. That thing is a peace of shit unless your car or truck is flat and has no groves.

Leaf blower, 185 mph.
Especially good for mirrors, handles, window egdes that trap water.

my dad used to do the same thing. once you blow it off, it takes about 2 minutes to pick the residual draining out the cracks. trucks done after that....

nice one hop... :D

The Absorber is ok, but I like the Water Sprite better. Less streaking. NAPA has them.

x2 on the absorber. Then I get out the air hose and use compressed air around the windows, mirrors, door handles etc...

Leaf blower (especially on the scoot) followed by the absorber for remaining little stuff. I've found though that it's worth it to take the time to pat the remaining spots dry rather than wiping it dry (less marks over time - I've been using the absorber for over 10 years).

Back