• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best Chamois EVER..what YOU use?

yep good stuff right there. after every wash just through it into the laundry machine and it is as good as new. as far as the leaf blower i would be nervous about scratches because you are blowing air and all the pebbles and stuff onto it.

I don't know about your leaf blower, but mine gets mad when I put gravel in it. There are no pebbles coming out of the blower unless you put them in. :) As far as the crap you're blowing around on the car, I think I'd rather move it around with air than dragging it across the paint with a cloth.

With that said, I don't use a blower, but I do hit it with the air compressor to get what's left of the water out of the mirrors and handles.

yep good stuff right there. after every wash just through it into the laundry machine and it is as good as new. as far as the leaf blower i would be nervous about scratches because you are blowing air and all the pebbles and stuff onto it.

That's exactly the reason why I use a leaf blower, and not a towel, air will not leave any "swirl marks", or any marks, scratches, whatsoever.
Some microfiber towels will leave "swirl marks" on your clearcoat.
The test is to rub any towel you will use on your car, on a CD first. If it leaves marks on the CD, it will leave marks on your vehicle.
Even cloths and towels that "claim" to be 100% soft.
Lots of times, a towel that passes the test initially, will not pass after it has been washed a few times.
I learned this little trick over at the Corvette Forum (check out my photo album)...believe me those guys are 10 miles past anal when it comes to washing their cars.
So am I.

Forgot to add that cotton towels, especially foreign made one's, will definitely leave swirl marks on your vehicle.
Those microfiber towels at Costco will pass the test until you wash them a couple of times.
Careful with your wash mitt as well. Use a different one for the wheels.
Guys at the Corvette Forum use a separate bucket as well for the wheels.
Lots of brake dust and dirt down there to get pushed around on your clearcoat.
Check your drying towel often, even if the towel continually passes the test, it can still pick up the smallest debris, and if you drag it over your vehicle, it will leave marks.
Air is the most foolproof.
I paid $29.99 for a 185mph leaf blower at Home Depot. It weighs less than 5 lbs.
For a little more money and weight, you can get one that's rated at 250mph.
Another tip..."flow" the water off your car, don't spray...leaves way less water on vehicle

Last edited:
Another tip I found for washing cars. Use a seperate mit from the molding down as that is where most of the road dirt is and you don't want to drag it across the rest of the truck.
As far as drying...I used the absorber and I need to get a new one. I also use the air compressor at times to get what is at the handles and mirrors.

i just washed mine today... amazing how doin 90 down the freeway dries it off so quick. got home and there was maybe 3 water spots on the truck..... not too bad for not drying.

i love white trucks :D

leaf blower... HA!! :D:p .... yah it gets about 12mpg at that speed.... didn't realize that bright pink soap they use at the self serve carwash got in the bed when i was washing.... i was splattering pink shit all over cars on the freeway... :D whups....

Ill put another vote in for the absorber. At first I thought they where gonna be junk but now thats all I use!

If its sunny out and I get spots I use the "Fast Wax" by rain-x. Other companys make it but thats what I use. Gets the spots off and helps the shine!

Also, I used the actual "skin" chamois before and personally hated them. They dont work well and leave a film on everything :sosp:

i got this microfiber towel from Target... It doesnt seem to work right. :(
It just kind of smears the water around, and then if your lucky it will trap it.
Are you not supposed to wash it with detergent?? Whats the deal?

Wash them in hot water, minimal detergent and NO fabric softener or dryer sheets of any kind (leaves a coating that limits absorption and will scratch your clearcoat)

i have to wash our "truck" tomorrow to get it ready for our annual memorial day parade and will give the leaf blower a try.

if that goes over well i will then proceed to do the same to my POV.

Back