• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lets See Them

I think that anyone fortunate enough to work on a farm has experienced this phenomenon.

From 14-21 (7 summers) I worked for my uncle putting up hay. 4 cuttings over here, sometimes 5. I've had the A/C go out in a swather when it's hot enough to fry an egg, let me tell you the m-f aphids love to come inside and visit you. Probably my least favorite was no A/C in a JD 4450 MFWD tractor. It was pulling a Freeman 200 hydraulic PTO baler. So tractor door open, engine ran up to 2000rpm, BALING STRAW!!! That's filthy...

i still think the 7720 combine cutting wheat in late july is worse....

nobody that sits in an office all day can even come close to this kinda stuff....

here is my spring time home. I have often thought about mounting my mailbox to the planter.

picture.php

I've got a few one's a basket case. My grandparents bought it new during WWII, the second is one from my parents farm, Mom bought it on a whim and the later is my trusty IH Cub Cadet. That little Cub is a plowin, mowin, snow clearing machine for being 42 years old. Not to mention that is uses about half the fuel of the new ones.

Attachments

• IMG_0057_5.jpg
    IMG_0057_5.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0058_4.jpg
    IMG_0058_4.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3374_2.JPG
    IMG_3374_2.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 14
Just can't help myself.:eek:ut: 1 Here is my 122 cub dozing sand for my new dog kennel.

The second is when a buddy of mine brought his 782 over to do some tilling for my garden. The new Cub is my F.I.L.'s waiting for me to service it. :banghead:

Third; is my 122 getting set up to do some garden plowing and preping for a plow day vaction out in Iowa. :driving:

Fourth; my youngest girl knows what tractor is #1 International Cub Cadet :D

This is last years pic, plowing out in Iowa. 10" brinley plow is no match for a IH Cub. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3368_1.JPG
    IMG_3368_1.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3512_1.JPG
    IMG_3512_1.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3506_3.JPG
    IMG_3506_3.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 24
  • connie&cubby_1.jpg
    connie&cubby_1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 14
  • PlowDay_13_084_2.JPG
    PlowDay_13_084_2.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 31
I've got a few one's a basket case. My grandparents bought it new during WWII, the second is one from my parents farm, Mom bought it on a whim and the later is my trusty IH Cub Cadet. That little Cub is a plowin, mowin, snow clearing machine for being 42 years old. Not to mention that is uses about half the fuel of the new ones.

that H is a good tractor. we've got one, i'd like to find a cultivator just like that to put on it.

So when I was in middle school and hgh school I worked on a farm to help me out when football season came around...it was fun but really hard work...we had one john deere tractor, and few allis chalmers, and the big combines were Internation Harvester....

There are so many die hard brand guys when it comes to farming...why is that? aren't all the tractors pretty much kick ass?

NO! There are some great companies out there and they are some that use to be great and then there are the ones that suck. John Deere probably have the biggest market share. I buy JD' s for three reasons, first, they are good tractors. Secondly, they hold their resale value and that means a lot when it's time to get a new one. Third, I've got a good dealer that provides quality service.

The best tractor is worthless when you have a dealer that you can't provide service and the parts you need when you have a breakdown.

In different parts of the country you will find pockets of the same colored equipment. This is usually a result of dealers providing good service to their customers. In my area you will not find a Case/IH tractor, and its not because of product quality it's because of dealer service.

Some of these big row crop guys will chime in and tell you what it's worth to have a dealer that comes and gets your combine going after a breakdown.

No all tractors are not the same.

NO! There are some great companies out there and they are some that use to be great and then there are the ones that suck. John Deere probably have the biggest market share. I buy JD' s for three reasons, first, they are good tractors. Secondly, they hold their resale value and that means a lot when it's time to get a new one. Third, I've got a good dealer that provides quality service.

The best tractor is worthless when you have a dealer that you can't provide service and the parts you need when you have a breakdown.

In different parts of the country you will find pockets of the same colored equipment. This is usually a result of dealers providing good service to their customers. In my area you will not find a Case/IH tractor, and its not because of product quality it's because of dealer service.

Some of these big row crop guys will chime in and tell you what it's worth to have a dealer that comes and gets your combine going after a breakdown.

No all tractors are not the same.

Phil hit the nail on the head with the quality of dealer service. the closest dealer we have is a john deere dealer. we run 98% JD equipment. our one red tractor was purchased from the same JD dealer, but the service on that machine comes from a dealer 30 miles away.

The best tractor is probably a Fendt, it's a German tractor and very expensive.

Next would be John Deere and Case/IH

Followed by Massey Ferguson and Challenger, then New Holland

Kubota has to be on there somewhere but they don't make a really good big tractor but they do make great utility tractors

All of this is just one mans opinion, but you asked. :smilewinkgrin:

Allis Chalmers does not make tractors anymore, I don't think. They were bought out by Agco which owns several tractor lines.

Brian, well put, around here we have both dealers. We have a IH and a JD dealer both pretty close. The nice thing is now that John Deere had there "Parts Country" Program and if you can bring them a part number from a different brand machine, they can cross it a get you back going with a John Deere part... that is huge during planting or harvest season.

But yes, the main thing is that if you don't have a large amount of mechanical knowledge, you will have to take you machine in for some service every know and then. If there is a problem with one of our machines, if it beyond the mechanical capability of any of us, I can drive it to the John Deere Dealership from the farmstead.

And if you want my weigh in on what is the best tractors, it mostly stems down to what you are brought up on for most of us. If you dad was an IH man, you are most likey gunna be an IH man. It is just they way it is. It is just like trucks, My dad was a chevy man, to him there were no other trucks. My dad taught me that, "Firetrucks are red, tractors are green"

I agree that the most important part of what color tractor (or pickup for that matter) you drive is the dealer. I have mostly blue equipment because the dealer is easy to work with and has alot of equipment on the lot. The red dealer in my area has a better service department, but not alot of equipment on the lot. The green dealership is a big company with a bunch of arrogant dinks so I don't go there much.

I bought a Duramax because the dealer was the best in town. If the Dodge dealer was good in town I may have not bought a Chevy, but I am glad I did. I would not however ever consider a Ford truck.

Just my $.02

The 7020 and 6080 with loader...Little AC up in the house..:willynilly:

Attachments

• 7020 003.jpg
    7020 003.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 14
  • storms 007.jpg
    storms 007.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 12
Back