• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lets See Them

Cat Man, I looked at the JD combine and think back to when I went on the custom wheat harvest with a JD 95 and an 18 ft header. Thought we were doing some big stuff with it. I watched a program over thanksgiving and it was showing the Combine works for JD in Iowa. Dang them things have gotten huge on me. But I love all the farm stuff for the most part because of where I grew up there was lots of different stuff. Loooking good guys!!

yea its a cool little combine, we went to a farm show and they had one of those huge combines with 200+ hp and there a little out of the price range. LOL I think new holland makes the biggest combine at the time.

cat actually makes the biggest combien now i think. its a class 9 combine. something like 500+hp. runs a 40 ft grain table and a 16 row corn head. its some serious cash too, probably close to 500K with both heads.

cat actually makes the biggest combien now i think. its a class 9 combine. something like 500+hp. runs a 40 ft grain table and a 16 row corn head. its some serious cash too, probably close to 500K with both heads.

From what I can find...

Challenger Combine: 680B Class VIII Combine - 425HP CAT C13 - 350 bushel capacity
LEXION 590R / 595R: 500HP CAT C13 - 360 bushel capacity
John Deere 9870 STS: 440 (471 w/power boost) 13.5L Powertech Engine - 300 bushel capacity

I couldn't find the capacity on New Holland's site, their page sucks compared to the others.

According to Lexion in their press release section, it was a 580 that set a new Guinness world record in harvesting capacity.

check out that link that i posted.. need less to say there all huge and will get the job done id rather ride in a green one though.

yep that cat 595R was the one i was thinking about.

makes our 9500 look tiny.

You rich guys and your fancy combines. I looked at a IH 203 or something like that for $500. It had a 2 row corn head on it, I wanted that beast but decided I would just stick with my new idea 300 picker.

we also have a John deere 3975 3row harvester i like that better then the combine. thats what we want a 4130 or 4430 for to use to pull it for harvest season.

Attachments

• 3975.jpg
    3975.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 9
Hey Guys,

Would you please keep posting them? I love farm pics. It is also nice and a rarity to see HHP 2wd tractors. Not many being bought anymore. Even more raare is HHP open station tractors.

CAT MAN,

What kind of wagon you use?? A Richardton side dump type or??

we use Gehl 1620 Front Unload Forage Boxes, they seem to work well.

Attachments

• fb_2.jpg
    fb_2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 6
The Lexion Combine is a corn eatin Som-beach! We rented a 580r for two harvests and it would literally shell circles around our 9860. Both with 12 row heads.
P9170023.jpg

P9170022.jpg

The best tractor is probably a Fendt, it's a German tractor and very expensive.

Next would be John Deere and Case/IH

Followed by Massey Ferguson and Challenger, then New Holland

Kubota has to be on there somewhere but they don't make a really good big tractor but they do make great utility tractors

All of this is just one mans opinion, but you asked. :smilewinkgrin:

I don't think that Fendt is the best tractor. May be more technilogically(sp) advanced but it is hard to run. Not anyone can jsut hop in there and run it. We rented one and it locked up. Would not start, nothing. they had to winch it onto a trailer and haul it away and refund our rental money.

I don't think that Fendt is the best tractor. May be more technilogically(sp) advanced but it is hard to run. Not anyone can jsut hop in there and run it. We rented one and it locked up. Would not start, nothing. they had to winch it onto a trailer and haul it away and refund our rental money.

That is why the MF is better. SISU diesel, Dynastep trans (Vario reprogrammed) and easier to use. Fendt are pricey.

Growing up in western Nebraska where farms are from 3 to 10K acres they were usually John Deere, Case/IH, some Stiegers but the biggest was the Green because we had a dealer in the town of 5000. But I love them all, they all have different and good things and as a child of a welder they all broke down so my dad always had work. That kept us fed. I chuckled a little seeing the silage going in the pit using the bobcat. There are some pits near where I liver here in Colorado and he dumps it on one end and they are using big Cat earth moving scrapers and running the length of the pits. They are probably a half mile long. But they move a lot of corn in a day and they run all day

There are some pits near where I liver here in Colorado and he dumps it on one end and they are using big Cat earth moving scrapers and running the length of the pits. They are probably a half mile long. But they move a lot of corn in a day and they run all day

Would you have pics of that?? What a sight too see I bet!! :)

Back