• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lets See Them

1. is that a 60' anhydrous toolbar??

2. do you beat your sweet corn up with that picker?? i'd like to get into sweetcorn, but i'm not a big fan of picking it all by hand.

I tried telling em....:)
SaguaroKid just be glad that you did not work for the harvest works or I would have to hunt you down...LOL Nothing like standing on your head in the cab of a combine in *100 heat trying to get the hydro pump off a 6620 combine....

Yep 60' bar. The picker takes some time to get adjusted but it does a decent job and not too much damage. Just a few bruises from the shank hitting the ears as the fall into the wagon. I'm slackin off the sweetcorn this year, getting married and need more time this summer to get things squared away. The people will be missing me this summer!!! I guess I can make a triumphant return next year and raise my price again!

I have been to Moline and been in the Harvestor factory also wanted to go to Waterloo but didn't have time.

I've been to the Harvester Works and I think Waterloo would be a better tour.
We have the Foundry, Engine works, Westfield site (manufactures components) and Donald site which is assembly. Moline has some nice displays and corporate headquarters.

Yep 60' bar. The picker takes some time to get adjusted but it does a decent job and not too much damage. Just a few bruises from the shank hitting the ears as the fall into the wagon. I'm slackin off the sweetcorn this year, getting married and need more time this summer to get things squared away. The people will be missing me this summer!!! I guess I can make a triumphant return next year and raise my price again!

how many acres of sweetcorn do you usually grow??

We have the Foundry, Engine works, Westfield site (manufactures components) and Donald site which is assembly. Moline has some nice displays and corporate headquarters.

i've done both tours, i like the harvest works better. they were both pretty cool tho. i really like the John Deere commons in Moline.

I generally grow about 6 acres. Space it out between plantings. I had to water the hell out of it last year! That ate a lot of my profits.

My 1940 Ford. Still workin'
19409n1hp.jpg

We had a good time in Moline went to the commons, the headquarters and the harvester works, a lot to see there. I love Iowa, it would not take much from me to move there, its beautiful country and lots and lots of farming the two things I like most.

l_b020e37c423096adb5e15ba1f04f39e1.jpg

We gotta alot of deeres
Excavators: 160 240 320
Bulldozers: 650 650 with a cab 750 with a cab and inline 6 i think
The bobcat
l_4fff76a379b417f7d84a70cbba214ee1.jpg

25ft grain table with a 4wd tractor made it to close for comfort. So insted of buying a longer auger, just got a spout from a STS machine and cut the end out. Works great, throws the grain an extra 3-4 feet outward... but I still can't hit the semi worth a sh*t.

lol, i understand. we run a 25 ft. table and when the grain cart is on the 4wd, it is a tight fit. the grain cart beside the corn head is a lot easier on the operators. hopefully this summer is the last crop on this combine. we're running a 9500 with close to 3600 separator hours on it. i'd like to move up to a 9650 or 9660 for this coming fall, but we'll see how the wheat harvest does first.

SaguaroKid just be glad that you did not work for the harvest works or I would have to hunt you down...LOL Nothing like standing on your head in the cab of a combine in *100 heat trying to get the hydro pump off a 6620 combine....

We built the engines for em....;)

We had a good time in Moline went to the commons, the headquarters and the harvester works, a lot to see there. I love Iowa, it would not take much from me to move there, its beautiful country and lots and lots of farming the two things I like most.

Glad ya had a good time..;) I really like Iowa but the winters are starting to wear on me.

i'm going to be taking the camera with me every day in the tractor this spring. as soon as it quits raining....

Yeah As soo as it quits raining! I won't be back in the fields for at least another week. My weeds are really gonna get a headstart on me now.

Back