Throttle shaft Seal on DB2.

Discussion in 'GM 6.5 Diesel Engines' started by Acesneights1, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Acesneights1

Acesneights1 New Member

Can that be done easily ? I'm looking at a truck that runs fine otherwise but it loses prime if it sits and leaks fuel from the shaft seal.

2. Missy Good Wench

Missy Good Wench Wild Blonde from Cloud Mt

Same basics as I told you about doing the power turnup.

Remove the top of the IP, unhook the linkage and slide the shaft out. Pry out the seals, replace and reinstall the goodies.

Not a bad job just go slow and be careful when reassembling the little creature so that things are where they need to be.

Make sure when you turn the key on that the pump goes CLICK if it dont click you have something in wrong and if started could run away.

Care is the Buzzword here.

MGW

3. Acesneights1

Acesneights1 New Member

runaway bad. I remember when I was a kid one of our detriot 6v53s ran away. My father was in the truck trying to stall it in gear while I was stuffing my coat in the air cleaner. The trap door of course had a broken cable. Can this be done with IP on truck or am I pulling it ?

4. Slim Shady

Slim Shady DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

The throttle shaft seal on a DB2 can be done in the truck. You need to have a assembly fluid or some type of lubricant for the o ring seals on the throttle shaft. Other than that keep it clean and lube the shaft and o-rings well.

5. Acesneights1

Acesneights1 New Member

Thanks. Anhybody know if a 6.5 turbo will clear 6.2 long inj nozzles or do I need short ?