1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80E Tranny code P0805

Discussion in 'All Other Transmissions' started by Keith V, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Keith V

Keith V New Member

Newbie here. Tried searching through the 17 pages of existing threads.

I'll start with having a 2002 2500hd, 2wd, 143,000 miles. ECU is throwing a P0805 - Clutch Position Sensor Circuit. Everything seems to be working perfect operational wise. I normally tow a 24 foot enclosed trailer loaded to about 5,000 pounds.

2. THEFERMANATOR

THEFERMANATOR FRANKENBURBAN Staff Member Lead Moderator

May 9, 2008
    ZEPHYRHILLS FL
    Are you sure on the code number? Can you get a different scanner to check it? I'm not coming up with much of anything on that code when I searched it. I even checked a tune file, and I couldn't even find a P0805 DTC listed in the tune.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. Keith V

Keith V New Member

I am positive on the code number in my Innova Scanner. It is interesting that the scanner won't let me reset the code. I disconnected the truck battery for a few hours, and after reconnecting it, the code was gone until I drove the truck again. I will try a different scanner and post the results. Thank you.

4. NVW

NVW Well-Known Member

May 5, 2008
    Castor, AB.
    P0805 Clutch Pos Sensor Circ, it's from the DTC list at the top of the page

5. THEFERMANATOR

THEFERMANATOR FRANKENBURBAN Staff Member Lead Moderator

May 9, 2008
    ZEPHYRHILLS FL
    Yes, i know the description, but the tune files I have for 02 GM's don't even show it in there. When I did a search, most of the results were for FORDS, and its a manual trans code and the op says he has an auto.

Husker6.5 likes this.