• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ZR2 - Bison

Yes it does, options are the baby Duramax or the 3.6 liter,V-6. Car and Driver has an article on it. Close to $ 44,000 for the high option model....:eek:

Ok here is the link.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/chevrolet-colorado-zr2-bison-photos-info

:stop: Wait a min. You think $44,000 is high for a new truck esp. for a high option model? Discounts, rebates, and other H.S. that surrounds a buying new vehicle can drop $10G off the inflated suggested sticker. Comparing to any pickup let alone a diesel 4x4 it's in the ball park. New 3/4 or 1 tons are near $70K.

To bad it's not 1992 where a reg cab 4x4 3/4 ton 6.5TD was $14,000.00 sticker

:stop: Wait a min. You think $44,000 is high for a new truck esp. for a high option model? Discounts, rebates, and other H.S. that surrounds a buying new vehicle can drop $10G off the inflated suggested sticker. Comparing to any pickup let alone a diesel 4x4 it's in the ball park. New 3/4 or 1 tons are near $70K.

To bad it's not 1992 where a reg cab 4x4 3/4 ton 6.5TD was $14,000.00 sticker

Yea, I think $44,000 is a lot of money for a Chevy Colorado truck, I doubt their going to slash $10,000 off of the Bison ZR2. It seems they cut a bunch off of the 1/2 ton trucks late in the year. I agree $44,000 is way cheaper than $70,000 and if a man can do without a big 2500HD then I suppose the Colorado or a 1/2 ton would be the route to go. Heck in a few more years the 2500HD and 3500HD trucks will be close to $100,000 dollars.

If a man could have had the money and stashed back some of those older trucks he would be in high cotton now.
I would be happy with some late 60's or 70's C-10's and C-20's. I was watching that Mecum Car Auction last weekend and saw some dandy Chevy trucks go through there, a few 72 C-20, 4x4's, dang nice trucks. Yelp my mouth was watering......:smuggrin:

I thought the snorkel was cute. Somehow or another, I just don't see the majority of those with that feature being used as intended. There's something about being inside the cab of a pickup truck when the water is over top of my hood, and has covered my windshield to the point where I cannot see what is in front of me that wouldn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. Call me crazy, but I would have stopped and backed up a long while before we got to this point.

I see four wheelers with high snorkels and it makes sense - push water up over the racks and the only thing to be concerned about is sucking in water through the air intake for engine and/or clutch. The snorkel means I can stand up, be elbow deep in water, not see the handlebars, but I still pour the juice and ride out the other side.

People take more expensive custom rigs off road... At least they are worth taking off road.

Really GM should have brought it back as a S-10 size pickup. The midsize pickup isn't much smaller than a full size 1/2t and clearly isn't priced much better. IMO why buy a slightly smaller pickup esp. given GM's horrible history, aka send em into Bankruptcy, corner cutting for the 'smaller' S-10/S-15's.

GM should bring back off road with a "Hummer" name. GM had a real serious Jeep contender esp. with the H3. Jeeps sell well. This is just another "afterthought" wannabe 4x4 that pales in comparison to a H3T let alone Ford's Raptor. Really GM, why bother with another half-assed attempt? GM's learned nothing from the half-assed attempt of the Trailblazer SS shop queens getting STOMPED by the Jeep SRT8's especially with the hand grenade transmission and the front sump oil pickup in the LS2. Starve the engine bearings with a good track launch and pray the transmission doesn't explode.

Street cred for the ZR2 Bison can't even be bought at the carwash where they apply mud to make it look like you went off road with it. Because someone with a Jeep or Raptor will park next to it and rightfully embarrass the owner.

GM: because half-assed wannabe is what we do.

People take more expensive custom rigs off road... At least they are worth taking off road.

Really GM should have brought it back as a S-10 size pickup. The midsize pickup isn't much smaller than a full size 1/2t and clearly isn't priced much better. IMO why buy a slightly smaller pickup esp. given GM's horrible history, aka send em into Bankruptcy, corner cutting for the 'smaller' S-10/S-15's.

GM should bring back off road with a "Hummer" name. GM had a real serious Jeep contender esp. with the H3. Jeeps sell well. This is just another "afterthought" wannabe 4x4 that pales in comparison to a H3T let alone Ford's Raptor. Really GM, why bother with another half-assed attempt? GM's learned nothing from the half-assed attempt of the Trailblazer SS shop queens getting STOMPED by the Jeep SRT8's especially with the hand grenade transmission and the front sump oil pickup in the LS2. Starve the engine bearings with a good track launch and pray the transmission doesn't explode.

Street cred for the ZR2 Bison can't even be bought at the carwash where they apply mud to make it look like you went off road with it. Because someone with a Jeep or Raptor will park next to it and rightfully embarrass the owner.

GM: because half-assed wannabe is what we do.

Yelp I agree the S-10 was a great little truck, I have driven three different ones over the years, a 1984 2 wheel drive, a 1987 4x4 and my dad gave me a 2002 extended cab S-10 4x4, 4.3 Liter V-6, back last October. It has 138,000 miles or so on it right now and its my daily driver and winter vehicle. It does not appear to burn any oil, yet it might leak some, I can add oil as needed. The S-10's go real good off road and will do just fine in the snow with the right tires of course. At first the fuel mileage around here sucked it was around 13.8 MPG, but after some work and freeing up a sticky brake caliper, the mileage is from 14 to 15MPG around my house. I did see 16.8 MPG going through the country the other day on a longer trip. I do believe if I was to get out on the interstate on a trip it could top 18 to 19 MPG.

I know a guy that had a 1987 S-10 Blaser that probably had over 200,000 miles on it when he sold it. Seems like the little S-10's and S-15'S would go forever I still see a lot of them on the road.

Back to the ZR2 Bison, how in Sams Heck did they come up with that name? I kind of liked the looks of the regular ZR2, guess you could still buy it. All jokes aside I would hate to spend $44,000 on a truck, take it off road and beat the heck out of it. Sorry I will drive my little S-10 back in the woods and drive it in a sensible manner. If I put a few scratches on it so be it. If I have the desire to go trail riding in no mans land I will take my King Quad ATV, been there done that, I am not that brave anymore.

You mentioned the Jeep, I have always liked the CJ-5's and probably could see myself buying a Jeep Rubicon before dumping a bunch of money on a Chevy ZR2 Bison. One last word, have you guys seen the Jeep Trailhawk that has over 700 Horsepower, what a sleeper that could surprise a few people pulling away from the traffic light.....:smuggrin:

Used to race the SRT8 Jeeps on the track with the TBSS. Supposedly the TBSS could tow over the Jeep, but, anything more than a jet boat was asking too much of the cooling system and trans.

Back